• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to transfer pictures/images from one Lightroom account to another?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been using an adobe account that I made a long time ago and want to transfer all 7000 pictures I have from my old adobe account onto my new adobe account.   Besides downloading all of my pictures and re-uploading them to my new account, is there a way I can do this that is built into adobe? 

Thank you

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

My advice would be to ignore the Downloader option, there's just too much stuff that it doesn't download. Instead, assuming both accounts are still currently accessible, you could do the following:

1. Login to your new account, open Lightroom and create a new empty album and set it to be shared. Use the "Invite Only" option under "Link Access", then enter the email address that's related to the old account, use the drop-down list under the "eye" icon and choose "Can Contribute" then press the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry but we currently do not have a way of transferring images/data from one Lightroom account to to another. You can download the images using the Lightroom downloader & then upload them to your new account once you have signed in to the app.

You can check out the Lightroom downloader here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice would be to ignore the Downloader option, there's just too much stuff that it doesn't download. Instead, assuming both accounts are still currently accessible, you could do the following:

1. Login to your new account, open Lightroom and create a new empty album and set it to be shared. Use the "Invite Only" option under "Link Access", then enter the email address that's related to the old account, use the drop-down list under the "eye" icon and choose "Can Contribute" then press the Invite button.

2. Then logout of Creative Cloud and log back in using the old account details. Find the email that you've just sent to yourself and click on the link. That will open the shared album in a browser window, which is how the authorisation is accepted. Now open the Lightroom desktop app (still using the old account credentials), click on the "Shared" tab next to the "Albums" tab below All Photos, then click on the "Shared with You" tab. You should see the newly shared album in the list, if you do click on All Photos to populate the grid with all of the 7000 images in the library. 

3. Depending on your operating system use Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (Win) + A to select all images, then either drag them all (by dragging from the centre of any one of the selected images), and drop them on to the new shared album in the Shared Album list. Or right-click on any one of the selected images and choose "Add photos to Album", using the flyout list to select the new shared album.

4. When you add the images to that shared album you'll see a dialog box asking you to select what attributes you want to include, so make sure you check them all. Then wait until Lightroom finishes syncing (i.e. the blue spinning circle disappears from the Cloud icon top right), after which you can close Lightroom and logout of Creative Cloud.

5. Log back into Creative Cloud using the new account details, launch Lightroom and you should see that the shared album now contains all of the 7000 images that you "contributed" from the old account, and you are now free to organise them as you wish. CARE: there's a 48-hour window for the contributor to change their mind and delete those images from the shared album, so don't do anything drastic such as closing down the old account until that 48-hour window has passed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guide Jim.

Would this work the other way, for example right clicking an album on the old account and sharing it to the new account's email? I am able to set the permissions to "edit and contribute" this way. It saves a step of tagging keywords to preserve album structures.

I feel like there is a reason you did not suggest this method. Could you kindly share the reason?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the old account "owns" the shared album. When you close that account, the shared album will disappear.

One other idea, if you still have access to the old accounts email address, and have not loaded anything yet into the new account. Check with Adobe if they can change the email address associated to the account. I have never asked, or seen anyone ask this that I can recall.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Timothy, I thought this might be the case.

Thanks for the response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only solution that keeps cloud sync working. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great solution. Thanks Jim. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your tip, Jim.
I do need to transfer 70.000 Pictures. I followed your guide, but LR seems to stall at one point. If i give it like 1.000 Pictures it seems to work.
But i cant seem to add more then 6.863 pictures. because even if i give it year by year nothing is happening
Question: Do you know of any limitations?

Additional Question:
I have 90% of the pictures ordered on my lokal harddrive and would mind syncong it to the NEW LR Account.
BUT: I would hate to loose the modified Picture i changed in LR and all the FACE Tags: any way to sync those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your wonderful tip! I have another problem - running out of space on my HD. When I try to populate the created album with the images I want to import, I get a message - not enough space. Can I move the album I created to another location? I can't seem to find any option. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your wonderful tip! I have another problem - running out of space on my HD. When I try to populate the created album with the images I want to import, I get a message - not enough space. Can I move the album I created to another location? I can't seem to find any option. Thank you!

By @Dmitry34091910x7of

Which account are you logged into when you get that message? Does the message specifically state a lack of HD space, or might it be referring to cloud storage space? Perhaps you could post a some screenshots of the Lightroom desktop preferences (both the Account and Cache tabs when logged into each Adobe account, so 4 screenshots in total)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines