Exit

Images not appearing in a Local folder

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Sonoma 14.5

Lightroom 7.4.1

Im looking to move from LR C to LR I'm looking to cull a great deal of my images and in essence start again from scratch without migrating my catalogue. I've started to tidy my folders up that were date based within year to one folder with each years images in. I've tested this and on the folder that is now containing all the images from the year containing only about 30 images only one image is shown. There are no filters present and all the images are in the folder when using finder. Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but only questions-

How do you intend to "move from LrC to Lr" without migrating the Catalog?

Do you intend to just Import (add) all your files to the Lr Catalog, and have them uploaded to the Lr Cloud?

Do you intend to use Lr only in "Local" mode (and not Cloud mode)?

Are you tidying your folders and files by doing it in the Lr-Classic folder panel?

And are you seeing "only one image" in the Lr-Classic catalog? Are others 'Missing' or 'Deleted'?

Will you be abandoning Lr-CLassic totally?

Some info here-   MIGRATE TO LIGHTROOM CLOUD

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 14.0, Photoshop 26.0, ACR 17.0, Lightroom 8.0, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 15.0.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

I’ve decided to start again and therefore not use the catalogue as it’s become a real mess multiple catalogues etc. I’m not worried about the edits or metadata as I’m literally going to start again.

So I was going to cull using bridge and then importing each year into LR local and creating albums within LR into general themes such as Holidays, Friends, Landscapes etc. I’ll then add keywords to sort to a granular level and then create picks that I’ll edit again with the additional tools and features in the latest LR. I will be using the cloud to do the picking and editing of the images on my iPad. 

I will be dropping LR Classic. 

I’m not looking at the images in LR classic just in finder. They are there but not in Local when in browse through LR cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to Lightroom now when you say it only shows one image? If so, did you restart Lightroom after you rearranged those folders? I get the impression that Lightroom may not constantly look at the folder and update the view as soon as something changes, but maybe only refreshes the view when you initially select the folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I restarted LR and restarted the Mac just in case I also refreshed the folder the images are in. All the images are in the folder when inspecting in OS X finder but in LR Local browser only one image appears. I have actually now uploaded to LR cloud and they appear there, but not on the local LR browser.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines