• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing duplicate image problem

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use Mac I use a PC. I had uploaded some photos a while ago and then I deleted them and I never got a chance to edit them. When I tried to upload a portion of them again to edit I get a message that they are duplicates and it will not import. When I checked Adobe's help section it said if this happens then the solution would be to rename your photo. I tried doing that twice and Adobe still thinks it's a duplicate. The PC version does not have an option to flag or not flag duplicate photos. How can I get my images into Lightroom to edit?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it has been less than 60 days since you've deleted these images they are probably still in your Deleted Items. Review the Deleted Items album and see if they are there. If so, restore them from the Deleted Items. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I forgot to mention I did clear out the deleted files before trying to rename the files as well. It's crazy. The images are not in my lightroom and it won't let me upload them because it thinks they are duplicates. Do I have to wait 60 days to be able to upload them? I tried calling adobe customer service, waited on hold for 30 minutes and gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check, you didn't just remove from album as opposed to delete? 
If you removed from album, they'd still be in All Photos and that would cause the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it! I did not know the pictures would still be in "all photos" if you delete the album. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, check if Adobe Lightroom is fully updated or not. If not, please update your software.

If yes, then try to import the photos from the new folder into Lightroom.

And try another solution by changing the metadata of the photos might be changed metadata as a unique file and allow you to import it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines