• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom camera image keeps flipping when using the iPad's front camera

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Lightroom (mobile) 9.2.0 on an iPad 9th generation 17.3.1. When I try to take a photograph in Lightroom using the front (selfie) camera, the image just keeps flipping really fast. No problem with the back camera nor with either camera using Apple's camera. app.

Here's a long shutter shot of it, which easier than explaining what kind of flipping:

IMG_1042.jpg

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tanyar55988521 

Thanks for reporting this.  I cannot immediately reproduce, but I don't have exactly your same device to try.  I have an iPad that's slightly older that I'm updating from iOS 16.7 to 17.4, and I will try again to reproduce this problem so developers can debug it.

Are you able to escape from this problem?  For example, if you force-quit Lightroom and relaunch the app, does the problem persist?

I see you are in Pro mode, and in landscape orientation.  Does that seem to matter, or do you also experience this in Auto mode, and in portrait device orientation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlie,

Sorry, I had email notifications off.

I just tried it several times, in Auto and in Pro modes, switching the camera back and forth, closing the app down or turning off and on the iPad. It only flickered once, when I first went back to LR and switched from Pro (good) to Auto(good) and back to Pro (then flipped flickered), to Auto (good) to Pro (good). It did it a lot two days ago. All that in landscape.

I don't see any flickering now in portrait.

This is difficult, since it is not happening consistently. I wonder if it is a hardware-ish problem with the orientation sensing and the forward facing camera's mirror mode getting confused. Two days ago, it kept flipping regardless of the tilt angle (up to pointing up at the ceiling.) I have not seen problems eslewhere on other apps, but I am not a power user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines