• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Missing Photos/Photo Unavailable on MacOS

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just finished editing a bunch of photos, but when I go to export them, it says it can't find the original file. My harddrive with the originals is plugged in and seems to be working for half of the album but not the other half.

Please help! Otherwise I'm going to have to start from scratch and it's going to make me cry. 

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the cloud-based Lightroom version 5.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. If you can clarify a few things for me, we can get to the bottom of this.

Please share the screenshot of the following options below from Preferences.

SameerK_0-1649244186797.png

Please log on to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com) to check current Sync issues on the left part of the screen.

SameerK_2-1649244186804.png

If there are any sync issues, click on them to know more, find the original for those images' original or source location, let them finish syncing, and back them up safely before you empty the Sync issues from Lightroom Web.

If you are on macOS, you can

ensure Lightroom has permissions needed on the Mac by following the steps suggested below:  

1.  Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.  
  2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom is added to the list with a checkmark in front of it.  
  3. If Lightroom is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.  
  4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom under Full disk access found in the same list as Accessibility. It should look as shown below for Adobe Lightroom.
    SameerK_4-1649244186880.png
  5. Once this is done, use the magnifying glass/ spotlight search and search for Disk Utility.
  6. In Disk Utility, run a 'First Aid' diagnosis on the external drive. Follow the apple documentation from here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898
  7. Once done, restart the Mac and try again.

Let us know if this works. We hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

Sameer K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sameer, 

Thank you so much for this walk through! It almost solved the problem for me. Before I couldn't even view the smart preview, and now without the "missing or corrupted file" blocking the image. Now I can see the blurry preview, but this is the warning I am encountering now- nothing can be done with these images. I don't understand how the original is stored locally but not be accessible. I would greatly appreciate any help this is a terrible thing to be going through 😞 

Lightroom Version 5.4

Macbook Pro - Apple M1 - OS Big Sur

Emilie16B8_0-1655859175124.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Emilie,

Thanks for reaching out with the details & the update on this.

In Adobe Lightroom, please share the screenshot of the following options from Preferences.

SameerK_0-1655924250404.png

If you are storing the original on an external drive, Lightroom might be accessing the original from the external drive.

• Search for Disk Utility from Finder's spotlight search or magnifying glass.
  • Run 'First Aid' diagnostic on the external drive. Check this to learn more: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898
  • Restart the computer.

Let us know if this helps,
Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines