• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile app using local storage space of devices

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC with the 1TB Plan and my entire library in the cloud ... yes I have my own local backup copy. Its been working very well but Ive been noticing that the mobile app on both my phone and iPad is maintaining a 0mb cache and local copies = 0mb yet the app & associated data itself is growing steadily and currently sits at 30% of my device entire capacity and growing. Ive been online with Paresh at Adobe Support who says “the app downloads a small smart preview of every image in the library .. this is not the cache, its application data ... and will continue to grow until it reaches 100% of the capacity of your device and there is no way to limit the amount of space used in the device” 😳 I found that hard to believe but he insisted this is the case and refused to let me chat with anyone else with expertise on the mobile app. Has anyone else struggled with this? Is this true??

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It is true that Lightroom on the Mobile devices can download smart previews only (if enabled) to reduce the amount of space that synced data takes on your devices. This is done to allow editing of images offline as well and once the sync is complete, you can take the devices offline and continue editing the image using the downloaded smart previews. 

We do not have a way to disable that as the application would either download the original file or smart previews (which are low resolution proxies of the original images created to save space). 

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand why it works that way BUT Adobe is selling us a product to enable us to put our entire life's work in the cloud. For many, myself included, that is tens of thousands of images. Am I correct that you are saying that there is no way to limit the amount of space used by LR Mobile and that it will fill the device to 100% capacity if needed? If the answer to that is yes, I have no option but to switch back to classic and take my library offline!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines