Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile & Dropbox

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’m using Lightroom for iPad and when exporting a folder to dropbox only one photo gets transferred instead of the whole album. It seems to convert all files to the desired quality but they don’t get transferred. !

I have tried to export to google drive and same thing happens. However exporting to camera roll works fine (excepts it rename the pictures).

Any idea why only 1 pictures gets transferred?

thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Javier,

Can you describe your process for this? I just tried it and could not duplicate the issue. Here’s what I did:

1. Open an album in grid view
  2. Tap the three dots in the upper right and choose “Select.”
  3. Tap on multiple photos to select them
  4. Tap Share, Save to Files
  5. Choose output size (I chose small)
  6. After rendering, choose Dropbox, choose the folder, tap Add

The multiple images were successfully saved, with the correct names.

Is your process different from this?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue after following the above steps.  It only transfers one photo at a time even though I selected 3. Is there a way to set up your Lightroom and drop box first that I may have missed prior to adding photos? This is one of many Lightroom mobile features that is not as seamless as sold. I'm still having to bounce between my Mac and iPad which defeats the whole reason why I purchased an iPad Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Javiers,

Sorry that Lightroom on your iPad is not saving the files as expected. I tried replicating this issue with the same steps mentioned by Mike above and it works as expected. Could you please describe if your workflow is same as above? Also, which exact version of Lightroom are you using on your iPad?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you always have a problem with the same files?
Does other album have the same problem?

What kind of files are you trying to export?
Which iOS version and version of the app are you using?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't seem like the problem has been resolved after one year.

im on LR 5.2.5, iOS 13.5.1 and still facing similar issues.

Click to share selected photos, there's a copy to Dropbox function.

After selecting the folder on Dropbox, only one photo gets copied on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue on iPad Pro with everything up to date. The process of getting photos from Lightroom into Dropbox is quite frankly ridiculous. I'm shocked the integration is so poor.

I'm a professional photographer and have used Lightroom everyday for 5 years (normally CC Classic on MacBook or iMac). I've been using CC on iPad for a couple of months now for certain images and it's great to use, but tonight was the first time I've tried to save to Dropbox from it. I wanted to save 10 images, this would take less than a minute on Desktop. It took me 30 minutes to find a workaround, there are that many different ways to try and export to Dropbox but all of them seem buggy and not straightforward.

Most of the methods I tried, LR just sent the one image over like most other users here are saying, even when trying a number of ways to export directly. Sometimes it would try to make me 'post' the images to a DB folder (almost like I was sending them via email?!?) but then the 'Send' button was always greyed out - IDK what that was all about. Finally I gave up trying to export natively and tried to just save to camera roll, open the Dropbox app and then go to then folder and import from camera roll, that didn't work either as the photos weren't showing up in 'Recents' in Dropbox even though they were showing in 'Recents' in the Photos app. 

In the end the solution was open two windows in split screen, one phots and the other Dropbox, then select the images and drag them over - obvious but shouldn't be necessary. 

Bottom line is I cannot export more than one image directly to Dropbox from Lightroom.

Please could somebody tell me if there is a solution?

Cheers,

Darren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced similar problems when exporting images from LR mobile to Dropbox, with only 1 file exported when selecting multiple files. After selecting multiple images, clicking the sharing button, if you select the first "sharing" option and choose "Dropbox", only 1 file will be exported. However, if you choose "share to files" and choose the dropbox folder, all images will be exported.

I think it's a bug.

I'm using iPhone Xs with iOS 12.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here hoping this gets sorted I keep forgetting to save to file and then it only saves one from the share command as opposed to save to files. Only just started my workflow on an iPad Pro hence forgetting the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have the same problem. When I tru the following steps below here, i cant put it into dropbox folder. Anyone know why?

FC5B0144-A9BC-43C0-A37A-7F7EC0DB2873.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To have access to Dropbox you must have "chargement appareil photo" ON in Dropbox (allow automatic save picture from pellicule to Dropbox). Sorry for my English !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer, but i cant figure it out. Is is possible for you to take a picture to show me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Dropbox iOS you must valid this option.
After that, Dropbox is not grayed on Lightroom iOS.

Bernard BOBIET
06 43 59 82 70

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Image.jpeg]

Bernard BOBIET
06 43 59 82 70

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

I found a solution.

my ipad pro nearly ended in a trash bin because of this frustration.

i had the same problem, there was simply no way to export edited material from Lightroom cc to the Dropbox. Whatever I tried, only one file got exported.

i guess it's the ios trying to force you using the icloud and therefore hiding other possibilities as much as possible.

But here is the solition:

so, go to "files" app.

-> click three dots above "files" txt

-> choose "edit sidebar"

-> add dropbox (and whatever else)

voila!

now when you export in LR to files, you will have a "dropbox" option as well. Before that I only had cloud drive or the ipad internal storage.

It's really very bizzare that this is not there automatically...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox is greyed out. Do you know how to fix that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You!!! 
your solution works!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines