• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom RAM Issues

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with a huge RAM usage, even when the program is open idle. It gets around 10-12GB of ram just open on main screen. Already tried to turn ON/OFF GPU acceleration, but didn't made any difference. Every other adobe program runs fine, just doesn't make sense 12GB of ram usage just by being open doing nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Lightroom shouldn't be using 12 GB of RAM while running idle, sorry about the trouble caused.

Which version of Lightroom are you using and what is computer operating system? 

Do you have syncing or facial recognition enabled and working in the background when the app uses high RAM? 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm running Latest (4.1) Lightroom, with auto-updates on creative cloud. Yes, i have sync enabled, and facial recognition disabled. Also, some (several) times when i open the program, my library appears empty, as if I don't have any photo at all on the cloud storage. I have to close and reopen around 5 times to recognize my cloud files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines