• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lousing Local feature on iPhone Lightroom Mobile app

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use the local feature using an external hard drive on my iPhone Lightroom Mobile app?  Does the app on my phone have Local available, like on the desktop version?  I only see "Device" which I believe is only my iPhone's hard drive. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know the Local editing feature is only in the Mac/Windows desktop version of Lightroom, and not yet available in any mobile or web version of Lightroom.

The Device tab on mobile is not the same as the Local tab on desktop, and the Device tab is technically not mobile device storage in general. On iOS, Device specifically means images that are in Apple Photos, so it will not show any images stored out in normal iOS file storage (in other words, it doesn’t show images that you’re storing in the folders in the Files app).

On iOS Lightroom you can use the Import button to browse photos stored in the Files app, so this is a way to see and select images on an external volume connected to an iOS device. But again, it doesn’t work like the Local tab on the desktop, because any images you select this way are copied into iPhone/iPad internal storage for upload, so you can’t just work directly from the external volume.

So, for now at least, there is no way to use Lightroom on iOS to simply browse and edit photos without importing them into Lightroom.  This does particularly limit the usefulness of Lightroom when you want to use external volumes to make up for not having enough internal storage space on the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines