• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC, LR Classic, sync and files in the cloud

Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now at the end of a year with LR CC 5TB plan, as much as i love CC, I still had to go back to LR classic from time to time. So i got the renewal email and again: as much as i am invested in the adobe cloud experience incl Portfolio and Behance, LR classic will do everything i need LR to do and it will do it much cheaper....and i won't have to go back and forth between two apps.

and this is the problem here: i just spent about 6 weeks trying to sync back my LR CC library (and files) into LR classic. i have been on these forums here, I have had about 15 chats with tech support, about 10 phone calls, I have been patient, frustrated, and yesterday, I finally gave in.....got the Adobe LR downloader app and now my files are coming in with xmp, the process looks to last a total of about 3 days for the download, and yes, i will have to go and organize all my files into LR classic catalogs again. not something i was looking forward to, but much better then the last 6 weeks following instructions, being patient, non stop crashes, freezes and honestly just being lied to.

again: as much as i love LR CC and the cloud idea, I do not understand why it is so hard to get the sync figured out. I am downloading 4TB of files in 3 days, the database should not take that long to download, i don"t use keywords, or labels but i have years worth of ratings and adjustments. is it really so hard to figure out a way to drop the right image in the right spot in my library/catalog?

It was a pain to migrate my LR classic catalog into LR CC....and again: all new, i get it....but this is just inexcusable.....

I am not sure where adobe is heading with LR CC.....some lacking features make it almost amateurish, but the price makes it straight up professional. I get that there is a lot coming, but everybody i know has stayed with LR classic and me personally am going back to it....

I guess i was warned to not go that way, so I guess i am just putting another warning out there.....a year later

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?