• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile - Resizing

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love using LR mobile on the road, syncing my shots when home, but need to start sending shots off while in the field.

Currently there's no option to resize the way I require my files, using this. Does anyone have any tips on what to use on my iPad otherwise?

I don't use PS, but would give it a go, if the forthcoming version offered what I need, but really need to get a system working by the beginning of March.

I require my shots at 3,000 pixels long edge and 300 ppi, and should be able to change the quality to around 90% , with the jpgs, from Raw, coming in at under 5mb.

These settings are set in stone, so please don't offer alternatives!

Any help pointing me in the right direction of where I can go after editing in LR would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save to Camera Roll with the Maximum available option will give you a jpeg with the full pixel resolution of the original. With this option you will end up with a file that is actually larger than you need.

Photoshop Mix allows you to create a custom canvas. You could create a canvas at the dimensions you need, then place the photo from Lightroom and scale it to fit the canvas. Then save the file from Mix to your camera roll. I understand that this is way more steps than you want, but right now I don't see a way to export from Lightroom mobile at a specific size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem that it would work for me re the amount of time it would take, as I've 20 - 40 shots I've got to export, each time I'm doing it.

I tried using PS Express, but the main thing I stumble over each time is the 300 ppi, which is a requirement, so can't do anything without having it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whomever you are sending the images too may be specifying the 300ppi requirement, but the truth is that the file size is determined by total number of pixels, not by resolution. If the file is the correct total pixel count at 72ppi it will print over 3x times larger than the same image at 300ppi. BUT the final output size can be set when printing so it really isn’t a relative requirement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines