Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration issue LR6 to LR Cloud

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Migrating to LR Cloud and I have a ton of message for images as follows::

1->getDevSettingsExpected object of class AgMetadata at index 1, got value of type table. : 141 : L:\Lightroom Images\2004\A040509C001.dng
2->getDevSettingsExpected object of class AgMetadata at index 1, got value of type table. : 181 : L:\Lightroom Images\2004\A040509C002.dng

Does this mean I've lost my edits for my images?  Is there a fix?

The images are currently being uploaded.  Other than these messages it seems to be working.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming that your Lr6 is the Legacy version of Lr from ~2015.

I am not suprised you might see errors as the only way to 'Migrate' is by using a recent catalog that has been upgraded for Lightroom-Classic (v13.3.1).

If you subscribed to the "Lightroom PLan 1TB" then you will need to install a 7-day trial of Lightroom-Classic, Upgrade your Lr6 catalog to LR13, Migrate the upgraded catalog.

Help files here-   MIGRATE to Lr

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed that requirement.  Can I do the temp upgrade and restart syncing?  I thought I read that once you select a catalog it won't let you select another?
Should I uninstall Lightroom Cloud and start over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry I don't have the qualifications to give you perfect advice (I have never 'Migrated'.)

"Can I do the temp upgrade and restart syncing?"

Worth a try. As the Lr6 catalog did not work, maybe a catalog converted for Lr-Classic will migrate.

"I thought I read that once you select a catalog it won't let you select another?"

From the link below- You can Migrate multiple Lr-Classic catalogs, if you have more than one Lr6 catalog -you will need to upgrade each catalog with Lr-Classic before migrating each..  (You may have read that Lr-Classic users can only sync one catalog. There is a difference between Migrating and Syncing.)

[In Lightroom (Cloud version) you will only ever have one catalog.]
"Should I uninstall Lightroom Cloud and start over?"

I doubt that uninstalling the Lightroom App (Cloud version) will have any effect, and I doubt that from your error messages that any data was actually migrated. Signing into Lightroom-Web from a browser (Edge, FIrefox, etc) might indicate if any images did sync.    https://lightroom.adobe.com

If your 7-day trial of Lr-Classic ends before you manage to create an upgraded catalog then you would need another person with Lr-Classic to upgrade the catalog/s for you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/migration-errors.html

For further advie I suggest you contact Adobe Support (by chat)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob,

Thanks for your help with this.  I was able to upgrade Classic to the latest release and migrate to LR Cloud, changing the cataloge name and syncing.  It was a bit of a struggle getting the syncing to work and get rid of the old images in the cloud.
After test driving for a while I decided to subscribe to LRc and end the cloud trials.  I found the updated LRC to be a much better tool for me than the cloud.  While I'll miss the being able to sync across all my devices I'll check it out again in a couple of releases.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines