• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving photos from Lightroom local storage to creative cloud storage

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I have 1000 photos locally stored on lightroom, and I have no more free space to edit my photos but I have 1 TB of creative cloud storage that is not being used. It was my understanding that the photos would be synced to the cloud but that has not happened for me. I want to be able to move those photos from my local storage to the cloud so I can delete them and free up space. But I want them to still be retrieveable from the cloud to then edit if i choose to after transferring them from local storage to cloud. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have 1TB of Creative Cloud storage then you are correct, the photos should sync to the cloud, so check sync isn't paused.

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using v5.5 but it hasn’t synced a single photo over the course of
about a year and a half. is there any way to manually move them to the
cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to make sure what is in the cloud, check http://lightroom.adobe.com/ using the same login as your Lightroom Desktop.

Also maybe double check that sync isn't paused (on the cloud icon top right) and it maybe worth posting a screenshot of your local storage preferences so a member of the the community may be able to work out what the issue may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines