• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New denoise function "Denoise is not currently available with this photo format"

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to test out the new function on some noisy low light photos I have but am met with the message "Denoise is not currently supported with this photo format"

On the site it says "Denoise is currently supported only for Bayer and X-trans mosaic raw files" My camera is a Cannon EOS Rebel T6, which does use Bayer Mosaic, so shouldn't it be able to utilize this function?

Is there a specific setting on the camera or something when i transfer the files to the computer that is changing it? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The funny thing is I had shot a wedding the other day, same camera, same file sitting, same everything.

The ones that I took in the afternoon showed the same message. But the one that I took late at night, the Denoise worked perfectly fine. I cannot see what the problem is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Learn More link has been added to better inform you of compatible files within the Denoise dialog.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I get the same message:
"Denoise is not currently compatible with this file format"
My file is a Nikon NEF (RAW) file. This is what is always selected in the menu & the file is an .NEF extension. My camera does not support small or medium raw files. Why doesn't Denoise work?
What does Adobe mean by 'Nikon small raw files' are not supported? How small? How large? 8MP, 12MP, 16MP (D4), 20MP (D500, D5). It seems to work on 36MP D810 files- then it works well.
Is the real cut-off CCD vs CMOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines