• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not enough Cloud Storage by 100GB

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've tried to migrate my catalog from LR classic to LR. The Only Problem is that in the process it shows me that I have not enough cloud storage. But I only have 5 Thousand Pictures with Smart Preview. And my Smart Preview Folder that is in the catalog folder is only 5Gb large. So, what's the problem or did I miss understand something I have 100GB of Cloud storage

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom stores the originals online. The cloud space that you'll need is the space that your originals take (plus the space for edits and metadata), not the space that your catalog and (smart) previews take.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probabvly confusing Lightroom and Lightroom Classic's sync mechanisms. There is a lot of confusing info online. Classic will only upload smart previews to the cloud. Those smart previews actually do not count towards your online storage. Lightroom Cloudy as Johan notes has to store the actual originals online. For 5000 raw images which are typically 25-50 MB each, you need close to 200 GB of cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to remove some old files from cloud. Then try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Jao said: that still won't be enough. 100 GB is simply too little for 5000 raw file, unless these are very small raw files.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines