• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On Import 'No File Found' - Where is option to override and 'Include Subfolders?'

Advocate ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been digging away for two months now and do not find where to set the preset to 'include subfolders' which is what Lightroom wants in order to import photos from my camera's CF card. Otherwise, I have needed to manually check 'include subfolders' on every import... Lightroom has very expansive controls and abilities, so much so, I am lost. Does anyone know how to set and where to set 'include subfolders' when importing images from a CF card?

Appreciation,

Ken
Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 11.29.01 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

You should see the "Include Subfolders" checkbox in the Source panel of the Import Dialog:

Subfolders.PNG

If you're not seeing that checkbox, can you post a screenshot of the Import dialog when you have the CF card loaded into the card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should see the "Include Subfolders" checkbox in the Source panel of the Import Dialog:

Subfolders.PNG

If you're not seeing that checkbox, can you post a screenshot of the Import dialog when you have the CF card loaded into the card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't have the 'eject after import' which I wish I had, but I do see the 'include subfolders' check box. Now, the big question is, and I have not tried a second round of shooting and importing yet, will Lightroom remember the check box choice next time I import, that would be perfect if it does.
Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 5.32.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it should be "sticky" until you uncheck the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, Seems 'it' and also 'eject disk after import' should be in preferences.... but so glad to know and thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope... It's not 'sticky' and disappointing there is so much detail operations available in Lightroom and simple things like this and eject disk after uploading are not even available for CF Card... I hope, someday, someone in charge will notice and fix the simple things that can make life better.

Thanks for input on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines