• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Subscriptions from Mobile App Stores don't work with Desktop Software

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get so many questions about this I decided that an authoritative post would be helpful. 

If you've purchased a subscription from a mobile app store, (e.g. Apple's App Store, the Google Play Store or the Samsung Store), the subscription is for mobile devices only. Running Lightroom Desktop on a PC or a Mac requires a specific subscription purchased for desktop computers.

The Desktop subscription includes access to the Mobile product but not vice-versa. 

Lightroom Web is included in all subscriptions. 

If you've purchased the incorrect subscription for you needs, please contact Adobe Customer Care for correction.

Hopefully this helps. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Zusammen,

kann mir jemand sagen, ob man das auf dem iPhone abgeschlossene Lightroom Abo auch auf seinem Mac anwenden kann oder ist dafür ein weiteres Abo nötig?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone subscription to Lightroom does not provide any benefit when running on a Mac. You need the proper subscription from Adobe that includes software that runs on a Mac or Windows computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've subscribed for Lightroom premium plan in my Iphone but I can't use the Lightroom on my MAC. It's asking to buy a new subscription. Can I use one subscription for both devices? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A subscription for Lightroom Mobile is just for the iPhone. It does not include Lightroom for desktop.

A subscription to Lightroom for desktop is separate. It includes Lightroom Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

Here is more info about our plans that provide Lightroom for desktop + mobile: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does it  means that if I purchase Photography Plan which includes LR Mobile, LR Desktop and PS, I can cancel my LR Mobile subscription on my phone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Judiene24544262ryzp 

Yes.  The plan that includes the desktop PS and LR apps also includes LR Mobile.  Cancel the mobile plan if you subscribe to the more Photography plan than includes every platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm super new to Lightroom. I recently purchased the yearly subscription on my iphone hoping it would be both for the desktop and phone version. A friend purchased the desktop version and got it for her phone included but it doesn't seem to be the other way around. Am I missing something? When I sign into my account on the laptop it wants me to pay for a subscription again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amy28723650ohgm 

you're correct.  purchasing via an app store is for the mobile app. purchasing from adobe includes desktop and mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to install and use LR on your desktop - Anywhere means ipad / tablet, phone and computer - both local and in a browser. Have you downloaded and logged into Creative Cloud and installed from there?

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 3.07.12 PM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola!

tengo una suscripción paga de Lr que active a través de mi celular. En la app de mi iPhone puedo usarla sin problemas, pero cuando ingreso con el mismo usuario a la app que tengo en mi laptop, no me reconoce la suscripción. Por ende, no puedo sincronizar las fotos. Por qué sucede esto? Cómo lo resuelvo?

gracias 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Alan22657746vicl 

I merged your question to an existing post with the samee question/answer.  Your subscription is for only mobilee devices.  If you also need Lightroom on your computer, please cancel your mobile subscription.  Then subscribe using the desktop app instead.  Subscribing using the desktop app or from one of the plan options listed here: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html 

For more help, please contact Adobe Support directly. Visit https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html, sign in, and then select the chat option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've purchesed Lightroom, yet when ı install it to my pc, it doesn't restore my purchase and even says "Restore is not available without a purchase". However, ı don't have this problem when ı open it from my phone or from internet, it only happens when ı download the application and try to restore it. Could you please tell me how to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry for the confusion. Your subscription is for Lightroom Mobile only. You would need to choose one of the options here:
https://adobe.ly/3m26NKP
These plans include Lightroom for the desktop and Lightroom Mobile. The best way would be to purchase the new plan, make sure everything syncs, then cancel the old one.
I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20220701-090830_Chrome.jpg

 I understand, thank you. I open it from internet  when I am with pc and it works, but I still couldn't get that when I check my plan it says it also contains lightroom Web as you can see, too. This is really interesting. Thank you for the help and care, though.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lightroom paid subscription. I can use it on my phone, but when I connect my lightroom program to my adobe account on my computer, it appears as a trial subscription, how can I solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscribing to Lightroom on your phone gives you access on all iOS and Android devices, but not on your desktop computer.  If you need LR on your desktop too, please cancel your iOS subscription, and subscribe via the desktop app instead.  LR desktop plans do cost more but come with much more storage and do include Lightroom Mobile access.  

LR desktop plan options info: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a free trial of lightroom on my phone and forgot to cancel before the first payment like I intended. I figured I would make the most of it and in learning how to use it I went to download it on my PC but it says I have to pay again to download the app. I can use the browser version just fine. Is there any difference? Any ideas on how to download it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Lightroom community. I'd love to help you figure this out.

I have reviewed your account & your subscription for Lightroom mobile from the AppStore is currently active.

Subscriptions purchased in the mobile app give you access to features only on mobile devices and will not work with Lightroom desktop. Check this article to learn more: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/manage-subscription-ios.html

You can subscribe to Adobe Lightroom from this page: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

A new plan from the above-shared page will allow access to the Lightroom ecosystem on mobile, desktop & web surfaces.

Let me know how it goes from here,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola! Tengo la versión Premium Mobile. ¿Puedo sincronizar mis trabajos en mi PC si me instalo LR Destokp, sin tener que pagar nada más?

Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello comunity.

I have a plan base suscription on Lighroom in my android devices, just recent buy a Mac and install lightroom, it downloaded all my photos, so it is sync but I cannot edit, i receive a message that i need to purshare or renew my subscription.

I am using the same e-mail account.

Do I need to buy another suscription? just not make sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, j'ai installé et payé sur mon mobile l'application par la suite je n'arrive pas à installer mon compte sur mon ordinateur. Je rentre mon adresse e-mail il me trouve mais me demande payer à nouveau or je n'utilise l'application que sur mon téléphone. L'orque je clic sur restaurer l'achat ça ne fonctionne pas non plus. Restauration impossible pouvez vous m'aider 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard problem ... started a subscription to lightroom mobile without realising it didn't include desktop - problem is I went straight for the yearly option, so if I cancel it will just stop the renewal next year meaning I either have to pay twice or wait a year - couldn't see anyone else who fell into that trap, any advice? Chatbot isn't helpful on this one 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines