Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Partial sync of smart previews

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i am getting desperate with Lightroom cc for mobile on my iPad Pro.

Lightroom sync icon (cloud symbol) in the upper right corner confirms complete sync of catalogue.

Setting to download Only smart previews is activated.

Nevertheless lightroom has just downloaded smart previews from the pictures I opened with the mobile version and not the complete gallery. That means as soon as I am not within WLAN range it is not possible to continue working with lightroom cc.

what do I miss? It can’t believe that I have to check first all pictures separately to receive the smart preview.

thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

That option doesn't mean "download ALL smart previews as soon as I check the option".....it actually means "download a smart preview instead of the original (if the original exists in the cloud), but only when I select the image in one of the loupe views".

But no, you don't have to check all images individually to get the smart previews downloaded....you can do it on a per album basis. In the main albums page, click on the three dots for a specific album and choose the option to "Store Locally"..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option doesn't mean "download ALL smart previews as soon as I check the option".....it actually means "download a smart preview instead of the original (if the original exists in the cloud), but only when I select the image in one of the loupe views".

But no, you don't have to check all images individually to get the smart previews downloaded....you can do it on a per album basis. In the main albums page, click on the three dots for a specific album and choose the option to "Store Locally"....that will trigger an immediate download of Smart Previews or Originals (depending on that setting) of all images in that album. Obviously, best to do it at home, before you take the iPad out of range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iPhone X, selecting an album only loads the thumbnail previews visible on the screen, you have to scroll down for it to get the previews for the ones not visible on the screen.

But doing the above only generates thumbnail previews. If you are out of range of wifi or mobile, clicking on the thumbnail produces a blurry screen size image.

One way of getting screen sized sharp previews is to the run the slideshow while connected to the network. This downloads screen sized previews which are available later when off line. I am currently doing this, but not sure how much internal storage it is going to need....may be prohibitive for a large number, also very slow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jim and Michael

sync works now perfectly. I tried both and both worked fine on my system. I think I adopt Jim’s way, easy to realize, since background sync is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines