Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos after import

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I've transferred 70GB of photos from my camera to my tablet in order to edit them in LR, it's the first time I've done it through the mobile version and I have a question. after I moved the pictures to the tablet's storage I imported them into lightroom. I saw that the device storage usage was doubled (I guess one time for the camera roll and one time for the imported ones)/ I can't see the imports on my phone gallery, only in Lightroom. can I delete the photos from Camera roll knowing they're safe in lightroom? i would love to have this space but I want to make sure I understand the consequences. Thank you for your time!

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've imported the photos into Lightroom *and they have synced to the cloud* then it is safe to delete from the camera roll. I prefer to import straight to Lightroom from the camera card, because importing to Camera Roll first triggers the iCloud photo sync, and then importing to LR triggers the Lightroom cloud sync, so you have the same photos syncing twice to two different services. This is even worse if you're traveling and in a hotel, since uploading 70Gb of photos even once is a challenge, much less twice.

As a result, I tend to import to Lr from my card, but keep the card (don't erase it) until I get home and ensure everything is properly synced. I also carry an external drive which I also copy the photos to at the same time as I import, so I have multiple copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try your system with the SD card, I'm not using an Ideivce though. If I don't turn on the cloud sync, will the photos still be available on the app after I delete them from Camera roll?

Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines