• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to use Lightroom CC with onedrive?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, is it possible to use Lightroom CC with Onedrive?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what way do you want to use Lightroom with OneDrive? You have posted in the Lightroom section, so I will assume you don't mean Lightroom Classic. 

Lightroom stores its originals in the Adobe Cloud, maintaining only cached data on your local machine (and backup copies of originals, if you desire, and set that option). You could designate the 2nd backup copies to be stored on OneDrive, but there isn't much else to do. 

if you are asking about Lightroom Classic, please clarify as that is an entirely different answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, sooy, this was my first time using the forums, I
currently use Lr Classic, import photos, via Lr C and once done editing
them etc, make them offline only.

I was wondering about the nature of Lr CC if you could use a different
cloud service other than adobe cloud, which starts getting very expensive
once you have a lot in the cloud.

Thanks,

George
--

George Guille Media

(Personal information removed by Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to use another cloud service with the Cloud Based Lightroom. Only Adobe's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Lightroom Classic then you are synchronizing collections. Those collections are smart previews, and they  do not Count against your cloud allotment. In other words,  it is possible to share as many collections as you want, and you cannot ever exhaust your cloud allotment. The only way you could do that is if you are also using Lightroom, the cloud version, and are importing images directly into it, thereby putting the full-sized master images in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic can be used with OneDrive, if you inted to use LR Classic on more than one device you should store the pohotos in a file system inside the same folder as the LR C Catalog, then LR C will use relative paths to the photos.
So you can have different drive letter and path to your local OneDrive folder, on lets say your desktop PC and your laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks: This could be super-helpful. I want to use LR Classic on more than one device, and it wants to save the catalog to: my hard drive > Users > Me > Pictures, which seems fine. Do I then save an alias to the OneDrive folder in that same location?

(Then I would do this on my other two devices as well?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines