Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Post to Instagram

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been unable to post from Lightroom mobile to Instagram like I normally do. The 'Open in App' share option is missing in iOS 16.  The 'share with app' option is useless; it doesn't allow me to scale or do any adjustments and sometimes cuts off the head in pictures (because there's no control). 

can anyone help?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Oliver24321595inqp 

We're having trouble reproducing your issue.  Does it help if you sign out and back into Instagram, or perhaps re-install Instagram in case that helps it register as a share target on your device?  Is LR the only app having trouble reaching IG?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installing Instagram does not help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying and replying back.  Do you have other apps on your device that you also use with Instagram?  Do they have the same trouble?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact same issue when I upgraded to iOS 16 - I lost the 'open in app' option on the long press. Apparently it's a known issue. Ultimately I had to downgrade back to iOS 15 in order to regain the option. I'm not sure if it's an Adobe issue or an Apple issue. Either way it sucks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines