Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing photos from cloud

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Today I had an update to Lightroom CC and now I have both Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic.

I've tried the new Lightroom CC, imported photos, created an album & the photos have now been upload to the cloud storage.

It now tells me that my cloud storage space is full.

Well, mulling it over I've decided that the new Lightroom CC is not for me.& I'd prefer just to use what has now been renamed as Ligthroom Classic.

My question is: how do I remove all my photos from the cloud?

There seems to be no way to this without deleting the photos from disk as well, which obviously I do not want to do.

Any suggestions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

All Photos will not select all Photos it's only used to display all of the photos that are in different albums/ collections on one page. If you want to delete multiple images together, you can click on Album on left side then click on the gear icon located bleow every album and you'll see an option to delete that album.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

so to be clear can I import images to Lightroom not classic work on them them back

them up completed onto an external drive then clear

the cloud?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most stupid feature I have ever seen. I want to delete fotos from the cloud to make some space, so this will also delete my fotos on the disk? Is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit>select all>edit delete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean that LR CC copies all the pictures from my harddrive to the cloud? I only have 100Gb in my plan (CC all apps) and that's not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr CC will only sync the images you Add in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't add any images to LR CC.  It synced photos that I had in Lightroom Mobile.  I didn't have a chance to opt out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue.  I have just been on a chat with support and he‘s saying I added to CC, but I only use classic on my desktop. 

I was was even asked why I sync if I want to unsync later, I said to edit on the move... he said that’s not what it’s designed for.

I don‘d need a backup service. I need a photo editing tool and I though lightroom was that.  Didn’t know they are just trying to be another google photos app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be safe I copied the photos on my computer to another folder as a safety net.  I then went into Lightroom CC (Cloud) and deleted the photos.  They remined on my computer in the original directory from which I loaded them into Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured how to remove photos in the cloud/All Synced Photographs.

This is how I figured the photos "crept" into the cloud/All Synced Photographs for me.  I created folders under Collections and synced the selected Collections folders to cloud so I could show my photos on my mobile devices.  When I unsynced the selected folders to remove them from my phone, the photos and the folders are no longer in the cloud BUT the photos remain in the cloud under All Synced Photographs.

If you have been using Lightroom Classic, you can remove any/all photos in the cloud in this steps:

1. Go to all your folders in Collections that are synced

2. Unsync all your folders

3. Go to All Synced Photographs and highlight/select any/all photos

4. delete these photos (use your Delete key)

If you don't unsync your folders first, when you delete photos from the cloud, photos in the Collections folders that are synced will be deleted from your desktop Lightroom Classic.  If you unsync your folders first, and delete photos from cloud, photos in the Collections folders will remain unaffected.

Each time you sync photos from Collections, they are added to the cloud/All Synced Photographs automatically.  You need to use above steps to remove them.

Lightroom CC just shows what are uploaded to cloud and can be accessed thru your mobile devices. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I am a dummy at using Lightroom CC I was hoping you could be a bit more specific on how to:

1. Go to all your folders in Collections that are synced

2. Unsync all your folders

It's probably because I didn't really understand that I was syncing photos to the cloud in the first place; and my cloud is now full of photos I do not want to be there.  It's my own fault for not going through the tutorials to begin with and now I see many other folks are having trouble with this cloud thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Confusing because you’re mixing Lr with Lr classic or am Imissing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that post it worked for me as I was synching  8000+ images to the web from Lr Classic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs some work. I tried out Lightroom CC and it's really confusing to manage. I don't want to sync every single photo I load into Lightroom, I only want to sync maybe 10 out of every 100. Having the option to only sync flagged photos, or photos tagged with 3 or more stars would fix this issue for me. Until then Lightroom Classic it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photos are stored on an external drive. I thought that by unplugging the drive and deleting the photos that maybe I could get them off the cloud. However this warning popped up and doesn't offer much solace:

Capture.PNG

What worries me is the All Synced Devices bit, my drive is safely unplugged, but is it considered a Synced Device? As soon as I load Lightroom with my drive attached will it sync and delete these photos from it? I don't really want to take that risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open Lightroom CC on that machine and it's still pointing to that location for the originals, then it would delete them. Renaming the folder should do the trick, or just don't open LRCC again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed this post all the way and I think it highlights the great need for fixing Lightroom CC. First the confusion on how all of these synced photos relate to Classic and our saved photos is keeping me far away from CC. Second the lack of some key features prevents me from doing anything more than a couple of edits for Facebook uploads. I can't understand how it is so easy to delete forever many photos trying to empty the space limited CC cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thewalrusking  wrote

First the confusion on how all of these synced photos relate to Classic and our saved photos is keeping me far away from CC.

That's wise at this point. I agree Adobe should be much more open about the interactions between the two. They seem to be under the impression people will only want to use one or the other, and that was clearly never going to happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez people. I wanted Lightroom and Photoshop. No cloud backup. But adding files to Lightroom, it puts 18% (4,000+ photos) of my photos on the web.

Then says I'm out of room.

I didn't want them there in the first place. Now I can't just click a button to delete all? I have to wait for resyncing? I'm doing this from my work computer instead of my home one, because I'm not 100% it won't try to delete from my desktop.

So, I'm waiting... Hours for syncing. And I still have to go through album by album and delete? No delete all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Lightroom Classic bluerog, if you don't want cloud backup. You'll find it in the CC app to install.

To delete, select everything in the Lightroom CC app and go to Edit > Delete Photos. That won't delete any photos outside of Lightroom, just the ones it copied in ready to send to the cloud (but for peace of mind, just double check you've got backups of your photos before doing so)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Victoria. After clicking around for 90 minutes, I found the "delete all". Why it's under "Edit" and not a more obvious delete is beyond me. And there is that freaky message warning you that it'll delete every photo and be unrecoverable. But deleting didn't affect anything stored on my computer or in Lightroom Classic catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. My story exactly. I had to delete them all manually, all 15000... I thought it would have enough space, but then reversing that decision was a nightmare... I think if I had started with LR CC, I'd probably stick with it. But I came to LR expecting a full featured piece of kit... LR CC is for those who use Picasa or something like that. It's not an alternative to LR CC, right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it's still much more practical to have external hard drive backup. Then use Lightroom Classic CC and create shared collections of images that I really want to share with others. These don't count against my allotted cloud usage. I think the main time I would use Lightroom CC is if I was on a trip and needed to empty some cards. When I returned home I also think I would move those images from the Classic folder that was downloaded from Lightroom CC. Don't know if I would even leave them on Lightroom CC. Maybe I'm looking at things a little bit backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Must say this syncing is EXTREMELY confusing for me. Todat installed Lighroom (used 6 before on another system) and it immediately began syncing thousands of photos to the cloud. Not practical because I have only 20 GB storage space and don't plan to make much use of this option in the first place. The thing is: I have now a bunch of greyed out photos at adobe cloud that I can't remove in any way. They re just grey rectangles with a cloud symbol in it. I do not want to reside those photos there, useless. Also stopping the syncing seems to be difficult. Tried to swith off the sync option in Creative Cloud, but it just stubbornly keeps uploading hundreds of photos. Pausing is an option, but I want a permanent solution for this problem. If there is not, I'd like to cancel the subscription to Lightroom, it just doesn't work for me then. 😕

Greetings,

Ronald.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda comforting to see that I'm not the only one having major problems with this. One would have thought that at the price you have to pay for this stupid subscription and the obvious wealth of Adobe that they might have produced a professional application that doesn't confuse the f**k out of their customers. Even their help here made no sense to me since things they said should be visible were just not there. I had to figure it out myself! Very poor show Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davida31228700  wrote

One would have thought that at the price you have to pay for this stupid subscription and the obvious wealth of Adobe that they might have produced a professional application

The new Lightroom CC app is brand new, and is targeted at amateur photographers, at least at this stage.  Their professional application is called Lightroom Classic. It's true that they confused a lot of people with the change of naming, but if you're having problems with Lightroom Classic, here's the forum you need: Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines