• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring catalog to a new account

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a new workplace-wide adobe account that includes the creative cloud suite.  I've been using LR on my own account, and I now need to transfer 16k + photos in 180 folders over to the new account.  Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the Cloud Based Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. I started with a personal account & now I'm moving everything to my workplace account.   I have used the downloader app, but all that it does is download my photos into folders organized by year.  All the keywords are gone, and the folder structure that the photos were organized in is lost.  
I started a sync with Lightroom classic, but I think that's essentially going to do the same thing, just downloading the photos into a single folder.   I just started that process on my work computer before I left today so I'll know for a fact when I get in tomorrow morning if that's the case.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could use the shared album and contribute route, which hopefully should work, you could try this....

• Create Album on Work account.
• Enable Sharing for that Album.
• Invite email ID associated to your Personal account.
• Ensure you give the Personal account Can Contribute rights.
• Accept email invite associated with Personal account and sign in to Personal account
• Add Photos to the Album that’s shared with you from the Work account.

This will transfer photos over including edits without having to export the photos.

You could transfer all photos to that one Album and sort them from there. However it maybe easier to mirror your Albums in the new account and share each one (although you will have to accept an email for each album).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines