Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to load original unpause synch

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have just installed the latest version of LR, and I am now continuously (and I mean after every photo change) getting the above message.

The originals are not and have never nbeen stored on the cloud.  I did this because I have 400GB of photos, and I don't want to pay through the nose for Adobe to store all of them.  This has never been a way of selecting which images I would like to move to the cloud - seems like an obvious feature to add -  and it is not possible to use 3rd party storage solutions - another obvious feature to add - and so I switched the whole function off.  I have deleted all of the files that were uploaded to the adobe cloud, before I realised that this was an issue.

I have been using LR for a while and this featurette has never previously been an issue - it seems like a new bug introduced in the latest release.

Can someone please tell me how to resolve this, because it is REALLY annoying? 

The LR library is all stored on a local SSD.

Might the answer be to switch to LRC and forget the whole cloud thing - which just seems like a really poorly thought through concept?  In which case how do I port the library over please?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The cloud version is built around cloud sync, so trying to use it without syncing is always going to be frustrating. If you don't want to store your photos in the cloud, Lightroom Classic would be a far better solution.

As far as moving over, sync would again be the usual path. The alternative would be to select all of the photos and export as "Original & Settings" so that your edits get written to xmp, then import those copies into Lightroom Classic. It would be missing Album/Folder organization, but it would be fairly simple to tag the photos with keywords to identify their albums, then recreate that organization in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines