Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Usage of Lr with own cloud storage or automatic end-to-end encryption?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
I am a Lightroom user since a long time and I have a Photography Subscription Plan running (PS and LR) with 120 GB of Cloud Storage. My current photo library with LrC is stored on my Synology NAS with plenty of available space and all the advantages of hosting stuff on an "own cloud". The most significant advantage for me is that the data I am owning is actually controlled by me (storage, backup, access control, ...).

Now, I see that Adobe gives the user the option to continue running this setup with LrC and additionally introduced Lr based on Adobes cloud. Basically, this would not be a big issue if both applications would be maintained the same way. However, I see that some features are only available in Lr, like the AI based photo search (which would be of high interest for me with my big photo library). I also suppose that more and more features will only be added to Lr and not to LrC to force customers to migrate to cloud based solution.
But I don't want to publish my private photos into the Adobe cloud, not owned by myself ("there is no cloud, it's just someone else's computer!").

Therefore, two main questions:

1. Is it possible to use own cloud storage with Lr? (hosted on my NAS or on any of my other cloud providers where I can enable automatic end-to-end encryption)
  2. If not (that is my guess), is it possible to use automatic end-to-end encryption of all data stored to the Adobe cloud? Maybe some extension that automatically encrypts data before it is stored in Adobes cloud? I am using Boxcryptor solution (www.boxcryptor.com) on MacOS and iPhone with other cloud providers to make sure that the cloud provider cannot read my personal data (and that my data is not stolen if the cloud provider is affected by any hacker incidents).

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Dieter
(Dresden, Germany)

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?