• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC

Participant ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I playback what I think this means in practice for me, to check my understanding?

I have an iMac which has Classic and LRCC, and an MBP which has LRCC, two iPhones and one iPad which all have Lightroom Mobile.

I am very new to LRCC and in the process of migrating my 70k/600GB photos from Classic to LRCC one year/subject at a time (to preserve my structure) . I believe I will be able to do everything I need to do in LRCC on both computers.

So in theory I could just delete Classic from the iMac, put the Classic catalog and masters in a drawer (or erase the drive) and live in LRCC. I think this is what you imply Adobe would suggest?

Alternatively I could maintain Classic as a live up-to date but in-the-background backup. With sync turned on, new photos added to LRCC will appear in Classic and I can move them into the folder structure and it stays current. Maybe a bit wasteful of time and storage, but it feels better than abandoning Classic completely. For one thing the Classic masters structure is my structure but the LRCC originals structure is date based and cuts across my structure.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Yes your subject folders won’t work. Those originals coming into Classic from the cloud will go into a single named location or dated sub-folders.

I’m only suggesting deleting masters going forward for those you intend to add to LRCC and have prepared an export catalog ready to migrate. The rules to remember:

1. You can delete any original from the cloud and the original in your classic folder is not touched
  2. If you delete a sync’d master in LR Classic that will also delete the original from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with 99jon. If you are happy with LRCC and are certain that it will meet all your needs, then go for it. Personally, I don't want to pay for additional storage (I'm a photographer and 20GB is full very quickly!), so my go to is still Lightroom Classic.

That being said, I still find especially the mobile version of Lightroom quite useful when I only have my phone and/or iPad with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines