• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I get Lightroom and creative cloud to work?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't my system update, sync or anything else - I am so frustrated? I installed creative cloud, lightroom etc a few months ago and it's never worked properly. I have an iMac. I have tried updating the apps - they take hours and hours. There is a constant 'libraries sync error'. I am so disappointed and frustrated and feel like I am just wasting my time and money. I have read a few posts and I can see others have had similar issues. The answer seems to be 'an update is coming' but in the meantime I can't use a product I am paying for. Also, I will be honest, I am new to all of this including the language used about what to do to help fix the problem - even the screenshot someone offered looks nothing like my system. What should I do? How should I do it? Please help. Thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two Lightroom applications from Adobe that can be installed on your computer.

1. Lightroom (cloud-based) present version is LR 7. Image files are uploaded to Adobe Creative Cloud.

2. Lightroom Classic  present version is LrC 13.  Image files are stored in folders connected to your computer on internal or external drives.

Which one are you using?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DdeGannes

Thanks for your reply.

I think it's cloud based as it's trying to update to V7 - without success. I think I need Lr Classic - how can I get that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is only available if you subscribe to the Adobe Photographly Plan for US $9.99 per month with 20 GB if Cloud storage. It includes the following applications,

Photoshop includes Bridge and Adobe Camera RAW plugin.

Lightroom Classic.

Lightroom (cloud based) application for desktop or laptop computer.

Lightroom Mobile for tablet and smart phone.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Do you use this ? (LrC - Lightroom Classic)

ouiouiphoto_0-1700236280088.png

Or do you use this (LrD - Lightroom desktop) 

ouiouiphoto_1-1700236340711.png

Sheepdog trying to help Lightroom and Photoshop beginners

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmm ouiouiphoto - now I'm confused. The version on my screen looks like LrD in your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Karen32658675nd6x , see the link below to Julieanne Kost's website, she has lots of free video tutorials on Lightroom Classic.

https://jkost.com/blog/lightroom-training-videos

In the event you prefer written instructions you can go to the https://www.lightroomqueen.com/ 

She has two free ebooks available for Lightroom Classic and Lightroom (cloud-based) applications to get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So if it look like LrD and you speak about going to V7 it is LrD. LrC is in V13. Most of the problems can come from the network. A user recently submitted a similar issue to me, and it was because of a firewall. 

Sheepdog trying to help Lightroom and Photoshop beginners

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing problems if you use the cloud based version (which is at v7 now) are usually due to networking issues. You should have a fairly fast and reliable internet connection to work with Cloudy. You can sometimes open https://lightroom.adobe.com in a web browser and navigate to a sync issues folder that might be present and delete stuff in there to clear up sync issues but be aware that you might lose images that way. Most important however is making sure you have a good internet connection and just quit and restart Lightroom if syncing seems to be stuck. That often makes it go again. Unfortunately even on fast and reliable connections Lightroom cloud syncing is often a bit of voodoo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines