• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom CC app for LG webOS

LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idea!!I've seen that there's a Lightroom CC app for apple tv, can there be a port for LG webOS smart TV platform?  No better way to view my photos than on my OLED TV! Just thinking. :)Thanks!!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For processing, or just casual viewing? A calibrated monitor would probably be better for critical adjustments, but not really necessary for the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that your TV is connected to the internet (otherwise this request would not make sense), so why don’t you go to https://lightroom.adobe.com and login? That will give you Lightroom on your TV right now.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Largely for casual viewing. I find that my photos get viewed pretty much only on screens anymore, and the easier access on large screens the better, is my thought.  However, simple editing tools could be nice too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the browser that's built into the TV and it's not a very good experience. In fact on my TV and in my PlayStation the website won't even load.  I suspect that Adobe supports only certain browsers and the webOS browser and PlayStation browser aren't on that list. 😞

My argument for an app is two fold.  1. relaying on the built-in browser really limits the experience to the capabilities of the platform's browser, and in many cases the browser isn't good at running web apps to say the least.
2. The app approach allows Adobe to control the viewing experience of the imagery.  Probably load higher quality versions of the imagery and maybe even render better colors to the screen. 

I'm confident there's a Apple TV version of Lightroom CC because iOS is such an important platform for Adobe already, and the code base for iOS and Apple TV (which i'm assuming is a version of iOS), probably isn't terribly dissimilar.  Coding an app for a new platform isn't a small feat, but I figured I'd start this thread to explore some pros and cons with everyone!
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And still nothing?? Doesn't Adobe know that Apple is on the downward trajectory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not every request can be honored. It does not seem that there are that many people who want this, judging from rhe whopping two votes in two years.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not every request can or will be honored. It does not seem that there are that many people who want this, judging from the whopping two votes in two years.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Votes?

The best TV on the market is the LG OLED. But the number of units is probably not as high as the lesser televisions. That didn't stop Lightroom from the ultra expensive Apple ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate