• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Badge Overlays on Thumbnails in Grid View

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can 'Badge Overlays' in Grid View as available in Lightroom Classic and Lightroom on the web be brought to the new Lightroom CC client?  This will make it a LOT easier to review picked and rejected photos in context of the rest of the album.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which badges do you need it to show? The Square Grid view shows flags and stars already, if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flags and stars are all I'm looking for and yes, good point they do appear in Square Grid view ... I'm really not a fan of that one though as the thumbnails are so small...

It would be much better if the badge overlays could be made available (with a toggle to turn them on and off) in the Photo Grid view (much like in the web version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's great that sidecar jpg's now show in Lightroom CC, but it's difficult to tell which are raw and which are jpg in the list without selecting every photo and looking at the info pane.

Could be solved by being able to filter by file type, or marking them in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to bring over a feature from Lightroom Classic to CC which enables a small tag to be added to thumbnails once the image has been edited. At the moment I don't have any visual way of knowing if any image from my library has been edited other than filtering by picks, which in a hurry isn't ideal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the image adjustment thumbnail badge to Lightroom mobile cc. It would help identify which images have been adjusted. This would be specifically helpful when importing collections from Lightroom classic or cc so that we know a certain image has been adjusted and indentify what images need work

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Am I the only 1 that thinks it's crazy not to have some kind of "graded Icon" over each picture thumbnail simply just letting them know that picture have been color corrected alert. Ie if it had a a rainbow over the top of each thumbnail, indicating that shot has been worked on. That would make it easier to see what needs to be worked on and what hasn't , instead of going through each shot. If you're going through 4500 shots, this would help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree. These are very very very basic essentials. And while you are at it, also give me badges on the photos themselves (when in detail view). A text block on one of the photo corners that gives me basic info about the shot, things like ISO, aperture, filename and what not. I can't believe these essentials haven't been carried over from Lightroom Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the same  badge options as Classic... Whether an image has edits for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really great to for example see straight away, if a photo has already been edited or if it is flagged or rated (in Filmstrip). For now I always have to go through all pictures and guess which one I liked the most or which one I ́ve already edited. (Sometimes the edits made are very minor and therefore not visible in the little preview of the Filmstrip)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I had to do a support call to understand why desktop Lightroom CC doesn't show ratings and flags on top of the image itself when in the Photo Grid just like the iPad app. Instead the UI people thought that the new product CC should resemble the old product Classic and show only on the grid view. Its insane that it took 2 hours of my day to figure this out. 

Why is the UI team not on top of this? Why isn't CC more developed by now? Classic should be thrown out the window because CC should be feature rich by now. I'm really stuck between using Classic because it does more or using a modern piece of software that has my photos everywhere on all my devices. FIX IT. Your throwing money at your stock holders instead of maintaining your products. You're no longer the only choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used lightroom cc for quite a long time and like the UI. But I can't believe that this simple feature still does not exist on desktop, maybe I just didn't look enough. I know that I can filter, but this is useless while editing, I want to know which pictures I've already selected. Long ago I've used Lightroom Classic to edit/sort/select my pictures and it was great at that.

I would love to see the rating/flag status (also if the picture has been edited, but that's not such a priority) in the filmstrip below the picture as well as in the grid/mosaic view. 

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-16 um 13.08.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to have labels edited or cropped in Android Lightroom like in Lightroom on desktops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It think it would be a great addition that would save time and improve Lighroom (for ipad) even more to add some icon or symbol on photos miniatures at bottom panel/strip that would indicate which photos has already been developed (fully or even partially). Now all miniatures look exactly the same for developed and undeveloped photos and You have to scrool throuh them to find undeveloped.

Votes

Translate

Translate