• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: mobile: Video Import

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last LR Mobile update (iOS), much to my chagrin the app imported videos (!) from my Camera Roll and synced them to the desktop. I could even play the video. I don't know about anyone else but this is *huge* to me and eliminates other steps/apps/complexity to get videos from the phone into LR.

Awesome work!

However, after that first joyous day, videos stopped importing into the app. Was this some kind of accidental feature release that Adobe disabled for a future date hoping no one would notice? Just a fluke? Anyone else?

Thanks, love the direction LR Mobile is taking. Now just lockout mode (viewing only), keywording, and maybe faces and you'll seal the deal with this happy subscriber!

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
27 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think of it as a very nice surprise and a glimpse of the future. It's not an official feature but it's a popular request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small update to the above. In vain hope, I deleted and reinstalled the app. Still no video import, either automatic or manual. However the couple of videos that had auto-imported that fateful day are still there, video badge and all, and play. This is killing me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having just pulled another few hundred photos over from lightroom mobile today, (still enjoying the improved workflow or LR Mobile) I then sit back and cringe as the 64 videos did not come across. One day soon, I hope to leave my transfer cable in my bag for good! I am very surprised this does not have more votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video handling is now in Lightroom mobile 1.5
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great new feature but it should be optional. See this:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Wolfgang

Really critical point. I couldn't agree more. Even better would be more granular control, like upload video on wifi only, but photos on LTE, etc.

Haven't gotten a chance to test... Does this work in the other direction? Desktop catalog videos > mobile? And are they full-size files? We need a "smart preview" for video...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please add mobile sync for videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bring up this old post but having just migrated from an iPhone to a Pixel 2 I've noticed that while the iOS client has had video import for a while now, the Android client doesn't seem to support video at all (import or view)...

This was a really useful feature that I'd love to get back ... are there any plans to add it to the Android client (or is it about to be removed from the iOS one)?

btw, I really like Steve's suggestion re granular control over what can sync when; that would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this one thread which requests this feature for Android: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/add-support-for-video-files-on-lightroom-cc-f...

Until video import and upload for android is added to LR CC Mobile, does anyone know methods for getting Android videos into LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add to Android. Inexcusable that it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 year old request, including a comment from the Queen herself... and nothing.  <facepalm>

I'm honestly trying to give Adobe a chance here, because I like the premise of having my lightroom experience synced between my iPhone, iPad and desktop, but not being able to handle videos in any meaningful way really hinders the benefit.   I'm BETTER off using iPhotos for my video off my camera! <double face palm>

That said, this needs to be two way.  Not just import, but the fact that I cannot export video into something like Lumafusion really hinders me (re-iterate I'm better off using iPhotos for general organization of videos).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a non-issue now isn't it?  At least for me.  Videos can be imported just like photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to import or export videos on iOS...  maybe Android?

For export, all of the options under the share menu are greyed out.  On import, when selecting from my camera roll all of the videos aren't displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IOS can definitely do it using the auto import (not tried it for a while using manual import.

Android still can't import video at all (or view it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I am specifically talking about manual import, since I don’t want to muddy my LRCC with spurious crap that occasionally makes its way into my camera roll.

I guess I could give that a try, to enable to auto and see if it’ll get pulled in after an import into Photos. Just still useless though if I can’t get it back out for editing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, yes, I'm able to import videos only through the auto-import method and not manual import.   Am I the only one that thinks this is a half-ass implementation and this absolutely is still an issue until both manual import and export exist...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason, you are not the only one.  I've only really used this feature to ingest camera roll video and to that extent it's been great to have it just "be" in my LR CC Classic catalog.  But these shortcomings and the outright lack of the feature on Android, I would agree that this is a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason, you are not the only one.  I've only really used this feature to ingest camera roll video and to that extent it's been great to have it just "be" in my LR CC Classic catalog.  But these shortcomings and the outright lack of the feature on Android, I would agree that this is a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To whomever administers the tags on these entries, I'll reiterate that this still has not been completely implemented!  As long as I cannot import videos using the "+" button in the app, or via the shortcuts interface for importing media, this *SHOULD NOT* be marked as implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, but I:

* Took a video using the iOS Camera app
* Opened LR Mobile
* Clicked the "+<photo image>" button
* Selected videos and photos from my Camera Roll by swiping (they have a "VIDEO" label superimposed on them) and tapped "Add X Photos" at the bottom -- note you can also select one with a tap and then tap the checkmark in the upper-right corner

At this point it imports the videos and photos (if any were selected) into LR Mobile and syncs to LR and LR Classic on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what I was experiencing was that videos weren’t being listed when attempting to add, however, upon checking again after your post I finally noticed the “...” in the corner. Video wasn’t checked. This had to have been a default setting because I experienced the same behavior on both my iPhone and iPad, leading me to believe video import wasn’t available. Thank you for making me look again since I’d missed that....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t realize that was an option. Good find. You are welcome, and thank you for pointing that out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing out the "..." option. Totally did not see this. Somehow after switching iPhones the video option wasn't on by default and I lost about 4 months of videos (maybe 5-6 videos in total) due to auto-importing and not making sure everything was imported properly (trusting that videos would be imported anyways). Oh well - now I fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate