• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to change the interface background color

LEGEND ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to be able to change the background color of the Lightroom Mobile interface while I'm editing an image. Working freelance and traveling a lot and commuting, I use my iPad a lot to make adjustments so I can save time. Several of my jobs have required me to have backgrounds close to white but without being white (specifically e-commerce photos). Even though I'm using the clipping mask to see my white and black points, it would still be nice to have a white background during those projects to make sure I don't make my models look like they're floating in the middle of nowhere. It would be one more step I could get done before even getting to the studio! Thanks!

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , tvOS: Apple TV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
58 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, we need to be able to change the interface background color. I'm not asking for a complete overhaul of the app or a light theme (that would be nice). Just need to change a #000000 to #FFFFFF.

When you are editing a "very white" photo, you need to be able to know what's completely white and what's not. Specially when your iPad screen can change the brightness.

I've seen this idea suggested multiple times during the last 3-4 years. Adobe has even changed the forum system and this request has been completely ignored. I don't think it's THAT hard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree! We need WHITE background. As you said, it is a simple request, especially considering it has been a feature on desktop for a very long time already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! ADOBE: WE NEED WHITE BACKGROUND ON LR & PS MOBILE!!!!

I need to change the interface background from the default gray to WHITE. This is possible on the desktop versions (iMac), and has been for many years!!! This is a 100% necessary feature for my editing workflow, because I work with mainly white images. I have no issues with the desktop versions, and purchased the Lightroom CC subscription and an iPad Pro for the need to edit while traveling (not sitting at a desk). However, without the ability to change the interface background to white, this makes the Lightroom CC subscription and iPad Pro unusable to edit on, and a pointless purchase. The feature to change the background to white is a simple request, and upon searching Adobe forums, this feature has been requested by MANY users for about 5 YEARS! I know we are disappointed with Adobe for this reason, and the issue could be resolved quickly to make a tremendous performance difference.

Please see attached for a screenshot of the interface background as WHITE in Lightroom on desktop (iMac).
When I tried to change the background to white on iPad and found it wasn't an available feature, I was shocked. 
I am patiently waiting this feature so I can edit on iPad!Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 5.51.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria,

This thread has been switched to a feature request correct? I see your response along with Rikki's response from 1 year ago. We have been waiting for so long for this simple feature request.... and it would make a world of difference for our editing! I am currently unable to edit photos on Lightroom and Photoshop mobile (iPad Pro) because of this lack of feature. I work with mainly white photos so being able to change the interface background to white is IMPERATIVE to my workflow, along with many other photographers!

Please, implement this feature with the next app update! Thank you!!!

-Alyssa

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 5.51.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, who has been tracking and responding on this thread? It has been open for 5 years with no response or update for the feature request. It has many upvotes and it is a simple, yet imperative feature for photographers. If it could be included in the next app update that would be amazing! Thank you!

Feature Request: Ability to change interface background to white on LR & PS mobile (on iPad), as it is available on the desktop versions.

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 5.51.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a white background is such an important feature for my editing workflow. IMO it's not possible to judge the brightness of an image correctly and edit it for printing without having a true-white reference in the frame.

I'm rather shocked that this is not available in Lightroom Mobile, especially since it's such a low-hanging fruit to implement.
I considered subscribing to lightroom premium but having realised that this feature is missing I'll hold off for now.
Please add this feature adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be great if Lightroom had an option for light or dark appearance like photoshop. This would be a very helpful tool 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alyssagilphotography Yes this is a feature request. If you haven't already done so, click the Upvote button top right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need the option to change the background on iPad lightroom. For a photo editor app this should be a basic feature. When I check my photos on PC, I see that all my photos are dark because of the dark background. I hope that some day this very basic feature will be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain why? I find it distracting to have dark mode only in Lightroom when I always use light mode in all other software. This seems a bit communistic: "We require that one size fits all".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate Dark Mode. Could you please include a Light Mode version for all of your software. The contrast between the dark and the light is way too heavy. Hurts my eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree. Most people write text with black on white background. That is the most readable. Why should the opposite count for photo editing software? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've converted this to a feature request so others can vote on the idea using the Upvote button in the top right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also really like this feature, especially on mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREED! And this is waaaay overdue. It is such a SIMPLE toggle to code!!

A white canvas or background around a photo is essential for precise visual edits when working on monochrome images, product shots, photos for fine prints—really, anytime a photo is displayed on a white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think it would be a great improvement and very easy to add an option to change the background color in Lightroom. Especially when I click F to take me to fullscreen mode, a black or white background would help me focus on the image more. Right now, it is the dark grey and it would be helpful for me to see what a black or a white background would look like. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gavin26692888nnvh great news for you... the request is still open as it's not possible to change it on mobile yet, but you can already change the area surrounding the photo on the desktop, and it follows through to full screen mode too. Just right click in the space around the photo to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

This thread as been opened since 6 years now and still no changes... is the adobe team doesn't care about what we are asking for or is it technically way complexed to do?

I still don't understand why this feature isn't available. Adobe really need people to upvote this thread to do it? Are they not able to think by themself and logically that a white theme is just something classic that a lot of apps are already doing (with probably less ressources).

Please concidere this request and stop ignoring us.

Thanks,

Adrien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please concidere this request and stop ignoring us.

Nobody or their 'Ideas' are being ignored. The vote system at top right corner of the thread provides Adobe with an indication as to how popular and 'Idea' is. Popular 'Ideas' also help Adobe priortise 'Ideas'.

Have, you voted yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the status on this request? This is a crucial feature for me to be able to edit accurately and seems it is important to many other people as well. Could we please have the ability to change the background to white while editing a photo? This feature exists in the desktop version, it can't be difficult to add to the mobile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, like many others, prefer to see my photos within a white border. Helps me see the photo as a whole better.

However, I also like to revisit old edits often. This means that I don't appreciate having to export my edits as JPEG and adding the white border that way. It solidifies the edit and I can't change anything at a later time anymore.

Therefore, I would much prefer to just change the background/theme of my Lightroom app to white, so I can see my photos on a white backdrop without losing the ability to edit them. Hopefully this request has merit to anyone reading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am commenting to give this thread a boost (I also upvoted it). I would very much enjoy the ability to change the edit and preview backgrounds to pure white and pure black. I just edited a series of very dark pictures and it would have been super helpful being able to watch them against a black background. Please implement this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously still not implemented... It's just sad that this request is still just an "idea" in Adobe community. It's crucial for my Work, often necessary to re-develop my pictures because they're way too Dark when displayed or delivered to my customers. It's just adding up time in processing the images which really annoys the .. out of me and as it seems the most other users as well...

I really hope that some competitor will come up with another Photo editing software one day so I finally don't have to struggle with the MANY MANY issues we currently have using Adobe Products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get a wriggle on with this please Adobe? Years of requests, perfectly good explanations as to why we need it, and decent amount of upvotes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the white background option to the mobile Lightroom app! Slows me down enormously having to go back and forth to re-edit and lift those greys that need look white! They look brilliantly white in the app only to turn dim and muddy outside the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate