• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to Create Snapshots

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For better editing and comparison I think a "create a virtual copy" option would be very nice.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Snapshots was implemented in the form of the new Versions Feature found in the 2020 release.  Please see  https://theblog.adobe.com/june-photography-releases/ for details!

At this time a Virtual Copy analog remains unplanned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 131 Replies 131
131 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicating images for editing, this would be incredibly useful for making BNW and color versions of images or various other versions from RAW files. If I export an original raw to “photos” then back to Adobe Lightroom Mobile CC it does not make two but reverts to the original imported image, I need two or more versions many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I know right! Get it done Adobe!  Btw it's Zen P 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to see you here! Yeah, I recently moved my entire workflow to my phone as an experiment and seeing that between a few very powerful apps (and HDMI adaptor, I don’t really need my computer anymore for photo and video editing for the vast majority of my work, the phone makes it easier to share to clients and manage overall as well.
So I would like to see Adobe make a few adjustments knowing that some (a lot) of photographers will be doing the same in the coming two years. We can keep it professional level quality and work on phones, this is no longer taboo for the pro shooter.

Two other major features that would be beneficial is batch editing, and saving raw images to the cloud, deleting them on local device, while keeping a saved working file/preview of the image to download later.
The current LightRoom Mobile CC will delete the image permanently from all sources if one chooses to delete an image, rather than having an option to keep on the cloud in addition to “permanently delete”.

Without this feature, it renders the 1TB cloud storage I pay for nearly useless since I have to store the image on my local device to have it on the cloud simultaneously. Lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a must have! Can’t believe this isn’t implemented yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the photo you want to duplicate. Choose "edit in" and choose either Fix or Liquify. At the very top is the bar that says "Save and Return to Adobe Lightroom". Tap it. You will now return to LR with a duplicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the duplicate made from the the High Res original or the Smart Preview on the mobile device? I suspect it's the Smart Preview, but I'll give this idea a try and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a JPG and not the original RAW file. It’s also appears to be reduced resolution, depending on the original size of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it duplicates it, but returns as a PNG. Not a true copy or virtual copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to have an option where I could duplicate a photo taken with the Lightroom camera. This would be very useful for someone who wanted to make multiple edits of the photo and try different styles w/o having to take multiple photos or saving before editing again (b&w, color, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing photos really need virtual copy function. And makes iPad Pro a productivity utility

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys!!!! This has to be your priority. Virtual copies is essential when editing photos and should be a nobrainer. So many people now use their phone only and not a computer. I am using Samsung Dex instead of a computer now. This missing feature is so limiting. Adobe Please prioritize this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!! With more of moving to iPad for editing, we expect to LrM to be up to standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please integrate this - it's essential!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making multiple copies (or edits) of one photo is not possible in Lightroom mobile? Jeez...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to create virtual copies on LR Mobile is (IMHO) a must for a proper workflow if you want to do some editing on an iPad. I only saw one thread asking for this from 5 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely blows my mind that this still doesn’t exist. This single missing feature makes it absolutely impossible for any professional (or indeed just any) photographer to use iPad as a main device. With iPadOS inbound, the sole (!!) reason iPad will still not be a viable main device for photographers is the fact that Adobe refuses to implement the ridiculously basic feature of copying an image. Every single photo editing app on pretty much any device, including mobile, supports this. It doesn’t have to be a virtual copy. Just a copy, so that you can make two different edits. I’ve never even heard of a workflow that doesn’t involve variations; I cannot fathom how nobody at Adobe has ever tried using iPad for serious editing and noticed the need for this simple fix. Worse, they appear to be actively blocking work-arounds, with the idiotic ‘feature’ of disallowing duplicate imports from the (functioning) Apple Photos cloud. It certainly can’t be difficult to implement — at least it wasn’t for every other photo app developer out there. Unless of course there’s some exotic issue with Adobe’s inferior (yet only available) cloud syncing solution. So unless I am missing something big here, there is absolutely no justifiable rationale for not having this in place by July with the public beta of iOS 13 / iPadOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised something worth pointing out separately to Adobe: NORMAL COPIES will do just fine. I realise virtual copies have been removed from desktop as well in the cc version; fair enough. But we absolutely need the option to create a simple copy of an image for multiple edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every half-serious photographer needs the ability to create multiple edits of a photo. The sole (!) reason iPad is not yet viable as a fully usable device for photographers is that Lightroom does not allow the creation of copies, and in fact actively blocks work-arounds by not allowing duplicate imports. This is crazy — it is such a basic feature of any app, much less one aimed at professionals, and every single other photo editing app (!!) supports creating copies. I lug a laptop around the world because Adobe seems to have never attempted to use an iPad in any serious way. There is a separate discussion going on about virtual copies — at first I thought Adobe is just ignoring the feedback for years, but I now realise that perhaps they are unable to implement virtual copies — after all, they’ve removed them from Lightroom CC on desktop. Fair enough, the good news is that all we really need is a basic copy feature — PLEASE. With iPadOS and iOS 13 around the corner there is no justifiable rationale for this omission. I can only suspect that CC’s cloud solution can’t deal with copies, which wouldn’t surprise anyone, but which by no means is an excuse for selling a ‘professional’ app to people when it does not support any remotely professional workflow. PLEASE fix this, Adobe, and please fix it quick. It’s such a simple change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. I NEED virtual copies on Lightroom Mobile. Otherwise it's pretty useless on my new iPad Pro.
Adobe: P L E A S E !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ 1!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the copy is essential on LR mobile, ipad and web..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i duplicate an image so that i can edit it in a different way? LR on android. I couldn't find a way to do that!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please. I am missing this function on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate