• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to select Lens on Lightroom Camera App

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest smartphones are equipped with multiple cameras so for photographers they are a bit like having a DSLR with interchangeable lenses.  I just acquired one with telephoto and ultrawide lenses in addition to the default wide lens.   With the PRO mode of the phone's built-in camera app, it is perfectly possible to select a lens/camera and capture RAW files (DNG format) for editing later in Lightroom.   However with the camera included in Lighroom Mobile, you can only use one default lens.  To fully exploit the phone hardware and the nice features of the Lightroom camera, it would be really good to be able to select any one of the available physical cameras/lenses.  
I appreciate that this might mean manufacturer-specifice code in Lightroom but it could be worth exploring what is possible to enhance the interest of the Lightroom camera with the latest phones. 
[I only have experience of Android phones but I have tagged this post for iPhone as well, assuming it is relevant.]

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
28 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixel  6 and I would also love to have this feature.

But - based on the experience with other features availabe for iOS but not for Android like borders - I am not very optimistic that Adobe will implement it.

It seems that Android isnot loved by Adobe or Adobe does not livne Android users.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also missing this feature on my Pixel 7. I have three front cameras and one "selfie" camera. The lightroom app only allows switching between the main front camera and the selfie camera. Zooming will only zoom digitally, and not switch to the tele or wide lenses.

Using the native camera app is not an alternative, because the Pixel 7 app does not have a manual mode or manual focus. Please add support for the other lenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
They aren't ever going to add other support. They are too incompetent and
driven by greed

Votes

Translate