• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Custom Brush Presets

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was (and still am, I guess) so, so excited about the launch of the new CC. However, I was extremely disappointed to find that there is no local adjustments folder to add custom brush presets. I chatted with an Adobe Support rep and they said that it "may be added in the future" and to post on here.

I cannot believe that I have to post on here asking for Adobe to add a main chunk of my workflow back into Lightroom. I can't be the only one whose LR workflow is affected by the lack of this capability.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , tvOS: Apple TV , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Updating Status

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
97 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great request. The "new" Lightroom CC is a brand new app, so it won't have all of the features from Classic, at least for some time. There is an update to the version of Lightroom you were using previously though, and it still looks the same as the old version, with all of the existing features. You'll find it in your CC app as Lightroom Classic. (Yes, I know it's silly they changed the name!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not silly that they changed the name it is downright stupid.  CC is sort of just like LR mobile and LR mobile is still broken because you still have to leave the app to heal, erase an object, give up non-destructive raw and go to Photoshop fix app and then hopefully back to LR mobile and depend on the frigging cloud to work right.  Whewwwww. ; Like  said they are not silly, just stupid and very unattentive to their consumer base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am already aware of Classic (and have merged my main catalog over to CC), and while I won't get into my feelings on the name change, the fact that CC was released without brush presets makes it nearly useless to me (as well as, I'm sure, many other professionals). 

I am absolutely in love with the fact that my images in their entirety can be accessed from anywhere, but Lightroom CC is no more useful than a digital photo frame until I can use my brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you've done the right thing Claire, by putting in a feature requests, and all of these requests will be weighed up and prioritized. I hope you won't have to wait too long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't use the brushes or presets then add to that no watermark feature.  Seriously, what were they thinking?  Useless program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very disappointed to discover that brushes cannot be added to Lightroom CC. Because it comes with integrated brushes I would have thought that would be a no-brainer. Until third-party brushes can be added, CC is pretty much useless to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Can't use it until i can add brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is stupid.  I bought lightroom CC BECAUSE of brushes options, then I find out only the older versions have it. Uninstalling and cancelling my account. Ridiculous. You suck Adobe. Its a marketing scheme to force people to buy both Photoshop and Lightroom as a package, they make money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Lightroom Classic is equally as new as Lightroom CC - they were released on the same day at the same time. You can cross grade to the Photography Plan which includes Lightroom Classic if you wish to do so. Difference is it's desktop/folder based rather than cloud based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my most used tools in Classic is the local adjustment presets, such as 'Iris Enhance' or 'Teeth Whitening'. These are very useful for quick edits where the round trip to Photoshop doesn't make sense.

It is possible to achieve the same results manually, but setting the sliders every time defeats the whole concept of making quick edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having the brushes really disrupts everything I do. 

I'll stay with the classic if this isn't changed. I was super excited, too! 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seriously adds SO much time onto my workflow! I want the old Lightroom back! 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gianna, you can have the old Lightroom back, no trouble. The latest version of the "traditional" Lightroom is called Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME too!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very disappointed that Lr CC doesn't have the feature to use brush presets, even after just a few months. This is a major reason why we use Lr. That it "may" have it "sometime" is not good enough. This is something that should be a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria, I tried to change my plan and cross grade to the photography plan (bc Lightroom CC doesn't support 3rd party brushes-CRAZY), but it's not letting me! Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to do research on both lightrooms online- google and youtube always include the wrong program in the search results (they should have different names) anyhow finally I have discovered there is no way to get brush presets in LR CC and I'm astounded.  I'll have to open my Lightroom file in LR classic for easy brushing before sending it to photoshop to cut out objects. 3 programs per picture? I must be doing this wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Veronica, sorry, I've been away from the forums working on a book launch. Contact Customer Services and they'll be able to do it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need and want my brushes too

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very silly, useless, waste of time. I need to be able to use my brushes in order to continue my workflow. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to lightroom but I am trying to understand why there are 2 different ones and they don't sync together with any presets and they aren't set up the same. I can't import brush presets.. I organized my presets in LR Classic but they won't organize in CC but CC is the only one that syncs online. I have 1 desktop computer and 2 laptops that I use. It is such a pain that they won't sync up together for everything. I feel it is bad designing. Why are they so different. They should combine them to all sync together. And only need to use 1.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two different Lightroom? Lightroom Classic is designed for use on a computer using a folder-based filing system. Lightroom CC is a new group of apps designed for multi-computer/multi-device use, with all the photos stored in the cloud. They're very different storage concepts that don't blend well together, although it is possible to use them together with a little education.

If you need to use 3 different computers, Lightroom CC may be the best option for you. There's a comparison of features here, so you can check it has all the features you need: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/  Since we're in a brush presets thread, I would note that Lightroom CC doesn't have brush presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links. I was trying to use brush presets in CC too. So that's disappointing.
Using 3 different computers is making me disconnect from others to log in. And one computer can only get LR 5 for some reason. No CC. If it's web based shouldn't I be able to use it on any computer?

I just think it would have been better for them to combine the concepts of both Lightrooms into one. But that's just my opinion. Like I said I'm new to it.

Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an open request for more than two computers for the new Lightroom CC app https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-cc-allow-for-family-usage-i-e-from-... and I'm sure I saw a staff reply on another thread saying they were looking into that, although I can't find it now.

The one computer that can only get LR5 probably means it's too old an operating system, or otherwise under-spec, but if not, feel free to share the system specs in a new thread and we'll help you figure out what's up.

They did start out trying to combine the concepts into both, which is why LR Classic has some sync functionality. It just never worked well, because both the cloud and the local Classic catalog wanted to be in charge of the photos, and it's one of those "too many cooks in the kitchen" type scenarios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
OK, thanks for all the info. 
That kinda makes sense. Too many cooks in the kitchen. I was comparing it to Microsoft Office programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate