• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Converting RAW photo to JPG in Lightroom without exporting

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be good function of Lightroom If It will be possible to convert RAW photo to JPG without exporting to file system out of application. I am using Lightroom for photo management there really missed this functionality. I have really many photos in RAW format, but It could be fine to convert them to small JPG, because of just looking on them on phone or tablet in small quality. I have to export them to small JPG, after that remove original RAW photo and import them again in JPG to Lightroom, that is stupid. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strongly agree! I actually just spent time looking in every nook and cranny in LR, thinking "There *must* be a way to convert some of my images to JPG to save space without having to export and re-import them! I would want to do this with thousands of my images, but by no means all, and they're scattered through many many albums. I actually would consider doing the export/import workflow, but can't risk having them losing their place in albums. So a "Convert in Place" feature would seem to make perfect sense. I wonder... if Adobe is going to introduce a plugins architecture, this might be something we could write a plugin for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I could use this too. I shoot to RAW to keep pictures editable for some time but after some period I convert them into jpg to save space. This is pain right now since you loose all your album sorting, tags, people, everything. 

Having funcionality just to convert RAWs into JPEGs keeping all tags and albums would significantly improve my user experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate