Add tethered support to the Lightroom Desktop product

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can tethered shooting not be a good idea? No one else even bothers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tethering is one about three features (including defringing and greater export options) that makes CC a complete package for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do my editing and retouching on a desktop workstation as it's much more powerful than my laptop. As such, I prefer to maintain myLightroom catalog from that desktop installation. However, I like to shoot tethered when on location, and I like having the ability to allow my client to view and rate images from a tablet running Lightroom mobile. To facilitate this, I use a laptop running Lightroom Classic.

In order for the live proofing when shooting tethered to work, I have to have the laptop Lightroom Catalog synced to Lightroom mobile. But due to the limitations of Lightroom, I am then unable to have my desktop catalog synced to mobile. (I end up having to export the tethered session from my laptop, and import it into my desktop catalog.)

This works OK, but once I transfer a photoshoot to my desktop machine, I am no longer able to rate, edit, or share those images through the cloud. (Only the original captures are available, and any changes do not sync back to my desktop catalog.)

I'd like to request the ability to shoot tethered using Lightroom CC. This would allow me to sync my desktop catalog permanently to LR mobile, and use LR CC on the laptop to shoot tethered, and have those images import automatically into my catalog. (This would allow live proofing via LR mobile as well.) Alternately, the ability to sync 2 separate catalogs with each other (between the desktop and laptop) would effectively accomplish the same goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update Lightroom CC so we can tether our camera during photo shoots. This feature in Lightroom Classic should be in Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the (relatively) new iPad Pro 2019 having a USB-C connection, it makes total sense to be able to use it tethered to my Canon 5D Mk ii. PLEASE update Lightroom CC mobile to include tethering! I'm not even that fussed about controlling my camera via Lightroom, I would just like to review photos as I take them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really would like to see tethering support on Lightroom Desktop (cloud), especially for Sony cameras (a7rIII, a9, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tethering will be a great feature in Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also love to see a Tethering feature in Lightroom CC - it's very annoying to shoot in Lightroom Classic to be able to tether and then move the catalogue to Lightroom CC to be keep editing in all the other platforms - please include this feature in future versions of Lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I truly wish that Tethering was an option with the cloud-based Photoshop Lightroom!

It is an awesome feature, but a hassle to use Lightroom Classic for a photo shoot and then migrate things back over to Photoshop Lightroom because I prefer to use the cloud-based application.

I feel like this would be a fairly simple feature update for Adobe to make happen. 

PLEASE!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is tethering with Lightroom CC not possible?  I am an Adobe guy but Capture One makes the process pretty easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need access to the Tethering feature, which is in Lightroom Classic, can I do this through Lightroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The Cloud-based versions of Lightroom do not have the tethering feature.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[En]

I am currently using Lightroom CC on my smartphone (Android), iPad and PC. (We don't use Clasik.))
Photos are well linked and good in Wi-Fi.
But even though it's still an app for photos, I don't know if it still doesn't support tethering.
(Tethering: The ability to connect the camera directly to the light room to receive files and speed preview reviews with clients)
I want to support the connection with the camera quickly.
Especially for cameras, it's been a long time since we used USB-C type.
It also supports Wi-Fi 5Gz, which is starting to speed up.
I think more users will be using Lightroom CC if this tethering is fully supported.

[KR]

나는 스마트폰(안드로이드), 아이패드, PC에서 현재 라이트룸 CC를 사용중이다. (클레식은 쓰지 않는다.)
서로 Wi-Fi 안에서 사진들이 연동도 잘되고 좋다.
그런데 아직까지 사진을 위한 앱이라고 하면서도, 테더링에 대한 지원을 아직까지도 지원을 안하는지 모르겠다.
(테더링 : 카메라와 라이트룸을 직접 연결해서 파일을 받고, 클라이언트와 미리보기 리뷰를 빠르게 진행 할 수 있는 기능)
나는 빨리 사진기와 연결을 빨리 지원했으면 좋겠다.
특히나 이제 사진기들은 USB-C타입도 사용 한 지 시간이 많이 지났고,
Wi-Fi 5Gz도 지원하여 속도도 빨라지기 시작했다.
이 테더링이 완벽하게 지원이 된다면 더 많은 사용자들이 라이트룸 CC를 사용하게 될 것이라고 생각한다.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add Tethered Shooting to Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please get the ability to shoot tethered on lightroom cc, Adobe is giving us a huge push on cc rather than classic, but the huge feature that i use from classic is tethered shooting, im curently having to use classic to do the shoot then i import the images into cc and thats just so cumbersom. Please listen adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm so frustrated. I hate lightroom Classic. the UI is crap, its slow and its way more complicated than Lightroom.

why can't I just have tethering in lightroom so I don't have to waste time transferring SD cards back and forth every damn shoot.

I'm so close to just completely abandoning Adobe at this point.

if capture one didn't have such a garbage and overly complex UI, id already be over there.

I just can't anymore with this crap.

its insane how much better, faster, easier and nicer looking the iPad app is. windows desktop lightroom looks and feels 15 years old at this point.

damn, just add tethering already what is taking so damn long?????????

Votes

Translate

Translate