• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrM - Allow application of metadata to multiple photos at once

LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to select multiple photos and apply stars & ratings to the selected photos. Frequently I like to mark all photos as 3-stars, then filter on >= 3 stars. I then start setting photos I don't like to 2 stars to remove them from the visible set. As it is I can't mark all photos as 3 stars in one batch, I instead have to use the desktop to do it.

Idea Planned
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019
Lightroom Android 4.4 has added: Change the title, caption, copyright, star rating, and or flag status for multiple photos at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 117 Replies 117
117 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add captions and titles to multiple photos at once in Android. The caption test can also be searched, so keywords are not as needed for me. 

editorial clients expect captioned photos. That is the reason why Lightroom for iPad can not be used by a photographer on an editorial shoot. 

Adobe should address why these features implemented on the Android version 6 years ago are lacking from the iPad version. Really crippled functionality on the iPad. It makes the Adobe cloud less relevant and useful 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RikkFlohr as an Adobe employee who answered in  2019 that the functionalities discussed here had been implemented on the Android version, we are in 2022 and the iPad version is still crippled and lacking info editing on multiple photos. 

are the Adobe developers working on iOS and iPad less capable or lazier than the team working on Android? 
why is there such a gap between the 2 platforms? 
years went by and Adobe is silent. 
Are these functions on a roadmap?
Adobe should be forthcoming. Maybe some users would be better off with am Android tablet. 

rating/flagging multiple photos at once would be also important 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trying to add keywords to selected multiple photos at one time. Can only add keywords to photos one at a time. Is there not a way to add a keyword to a group of selected photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Mobile Subscription without Desktop you could always use http://lightroom.adobe.com/

If you have the free app I don't think it's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also very missing such a feature in the Android version of LRCC mobile. I think we should open a feature request for this functionality. Keywording is a key feature for organizing photos for me and due to this functionality gap I'm not able to use it fully on my mobile 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure the feature request (for batch applying of Keywords and other metadata) already exists. Try using the search option to find it and add your vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not edit the metadata info on multiple photos with Lightroom on iPad OS and iOS. Only one by one. 

With Android you have the option to edit info.

I just use captions and titles, as the relevant descriptive words are in the caption and caption text is searchable as well.

It is inacceptable that the Lightroom for iPad does not allow this basic function.

On Android you can select multiple photos and change the rating, flags, caption, title text all at once. 

You can not do any of this on Apple devices. Only one image at the time.

It kills the usability of Lightroom/Lightroom Mobile. I would like to rate, flag for rejection, caption multiple photos at once on the iPad. 

For this, an Android tablet would be better. Android had this functionality for years. The iPad/iOS Adobe Lightroom team may not be as efficient as the Android team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Parece que la Inteligencia Artifical ha llegado a todas partes, excepto al equipo de desarrollo de la versión Lightroom para móviles iOS/IPad. Es incomprensible que después de tantos años y múltiples versiones, aún no se puedan seleccionar varias imágenes y pegar o rellenar de una vez los 3 campos de información (Título, Descripción y Copyright). Esto que hace años que la versión de Android hace sin problemas, el equipo de desarrollo para iOS es incapaz de hacer.

It seems that Artificial Intelligence has reached everywhere except the development team of the Lightroom mobile version for iOS/IPad. It is incomprehensible that after so many years and multiple versions, it is still not possible to select several images and paste or fill in the 3 information fields (Title, Description and Copyright) at once. This, which the Android version has been doing without problems for years, the iOS development team is unable to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¿En serio? Creo que directamente no sabe de que habla. Lo primero y más evidente, es que si ha leido aunque sólo sean dos de las entradas, verá que lo que se está pidiendo es algo que ya se puede hacer en la versión para android desde hace años, pero que no aun no se incluye en la versión iOS. Sólo por eso, ya está fuera de lugar el discutir si se tiene una suscripción de pago o no.

Y por otra parte, parece que conoce poco o nada esa versión en la nube de Lightroom, pues es aun peor que la versión de iOS.

Creo que todas las opiniones son validas, pero con un mínimo de criterio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perdón esto era una respuesta al usuario selondon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, is ther any chance of this coming to Desktop also? It's crazy that witht the encouragement to use the newer cloud desktop app and deprecation of lightroom classic that we're seeing features on mobile missing from the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Great, is ther any chance of this coming to Desktop also? It's crazy that witht the encouragement to use the newer cloud desktop app and deprecation of lightroom classic that we're seeing features on mobile missing from the desktop app."

@MattOfBelfast, the ability to batch apply metadata to multiple images has been present in the Lightroom Desktop app virtually since the beginning. You just need to be in Grid mode with the images selected, any change you make (e.g. rating, flags, title, caption, copyright, etc.) will be applied to all the selected images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ABSOLUTELY stand corrected here, thank you for pointing this out!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ABSOLUTELY stant corrected here, thanks for pointing this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried to select photos and add a keyword on an iPad and here I am absolutely flabbergasted that this can't be done. Please address the clear missing functionality on the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm on this subject I tried to use the web to workaround not being able to select and keyword on iPad. I want to filter and then select all and then add a keyword.

It's not clear to me how to select all on Lightroom.Adobe.com on an iPad without a keyboard. Is it possible?

come on... this is at the level of accessibility or even a bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I bought an iPad to edit on the go. But this severe shortcoming really
makes my MacBook necessary.

I maybe should buy an Android tablet, just for this, as the feature has
been available on that platform for years.

The silence on the issue by Adobe shows lack of respect for the customer
base.

Stefano
http://stefanogiovannini.com
Instagram @stefpix2

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate