• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Map view/module - Ability to geotag photos

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably at the low end of the prosumer category when it comes to photography. I've been using Lightroom for a couple of years. I love the multiple platform feature on the new CC, but geotagging images has always been important for me (enough so that onboard GPS is a mandatory feature when I look for a camera). I had been adding locations to older images in what's now CC Classic. 

Are we going to get that ability in the new CC? 

Even more importantly, will the new AI-based search allow us to do things like pull pictures based on location? And, if so, will we be able to do things like define a radius? This was all possible when we had the maps panel, but seems to be challenging now.

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Update: GPS field is now editable as of LrD 5.0. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 206 Replies 206
206 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is open since two years and has a very high ranking in terms of votes. Why is there still no indication if this is going to make it into the list of features or not? I would accept a "no" if there is a different opinion of Adobe about where the focus should be. But I start to struggle with Adobe not commenting at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - open since three years, not two!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Sarcasm:] What are you complaining about? You've got that fancy "learn" and "discover" section everyone was asking for and using aaaaaaall the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean, but don't get me wrong. I don't want to complain about existing features or about not seeing any progress. I am in the software business myself and I know it is hard or impossible to satisfy everybody. As a start, I just would like to see more information and more communication from Adobe. Having this channel (feedback.photoshop.com) is great, but currently it seems to be one way only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! My point being there’s an obvious shift in priorities and audience target, imho. Even reported bugs aren’t fixed.

Regarding communication, I couldn’t agree more: it’s a one way only. I’ve seen more intresting responses on reddit than here, i think it was regarding hdr or pano stacking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: see also this post https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/general-feature-development. I wanted to get some thoughts and feedback from the community here and was actually a bit surprised about getting only 1-2 replies. This would actually imply everybody else is happy about the status quo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would very much like it if the lightroom cc app gave the possibility to see on the phone where the picture was taken. Now I have to start up the pc for that while this can also be seen in the app. Just like it is possible with Google Pictures. I would think it would be a huge addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like the map view in Lightroom Classic. But it is no longer exist in Lightroom CC.
Please support map view asap as this will make more fun to our collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't develop such a simple function in 3 years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is essential for my workflow too, and it makes me keep working on Lightroom Classic instead of moving ahead to Lightroom CC. Please implement that !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also really miss this. Can we at least get a response from Adobe? Are you even considering this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Target: LR Desktop, LR Ipad, LR Android mobile.

How to change the
GPS coordinates of a photo in LR?

Context : I scanned
paper photos with my phone and put in LR Cloud. Then even if I intervene in LR
on the fields Location / city / Region / Country, the small map does not update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am careful to ensure that all of my images are placed on a map, so I know where on earth they were shot. But when I export files from Lightroom CC, after being sure the "Include metadata" box is checked, then import them into Flickr or Apple Photos, that geo data is lost. This is a major pita for my workflow, and is making me question whether to continue my transition from Apple Photos (where this is not a problem) to LRCC.

Please fix this in a future release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm still missing Map module in "cloud" version of the Lightroom. In Lightroom Classic it's easy accessible from the top menu. Will be this available also for the cloud version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked into implementing this externally using the Lightroom APIs but unfortunately it fails with a `Forbidden` error. I opened https://github.com/AdobeDocs/lightroom-partner-apis/issues/103 to see if it can be supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious why this has been identified as "implemented", when it doesn't appear to have been. Does this mean it's coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know either, but it's a mistake. Do we have to add the "inappropriate" tag ? (we can't remove the "implemented" tag)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very helpful if Lightroom would allow users to geotag photos manually - either through a map module or by entering GPS coordinates.

I’m actually surprised this feature is not already there. Is it planned already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can enter location data in the Info Panel and I was able to enter GPS coordinates using this format:

47°45'55.4"N 90°16'28.6"W

Is that what you were thinking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick - I tried to add GPS coordinates in that very same format in the Location field in the Info Panel but in my experience LR doesn’t do anything with the data. LR seems to just treat the information as text. What I mean is that it doesn’t register the field data as GPS coordinates, it doesn’t show on the map and when I export the photo (with all metadata included) there is no location data that can be used by other applications (such as Apple Photos). 

in other words - as far as I can see it isn’t currently possible to manually geotag a photo in LR - let alone manage or sort by locations, places etc. 

It is frankly disappointing since these type of features are properly implemented in LR Classic and also Apple and Google photos. 

I hope Adobe will implement this in LR soon. 

Does anybody know whether this is planned?

Thanks,

Jonas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know why it says “Implemented” for this idea/request? 

It would be helpful to know whether or not Adobe is considering or already working on implementation of proper manual geotagging and location management in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Si, por favor necesitamos GeoLocalizar las fotos.... ese módulo yo lo usaba mucho en Lightroom Classic... lo necesito en el nuevo Lightroom... por favor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No podría estar mas de acuerdo.  Pero si este elemento está marcado como "Implementado", me temo que no recibirá atención.  ¿Quizás podríamos hacer que los administradores cambien eso?

I couldnt agree more. But if this item is marked “Implemented” then it will not get attention I am afraid. Perhaps we could get the administrators to change that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding GPS data into the Location field makes the filtering really messy. Having a separate field, or better still a drag/drop map would certainly get my vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't seem to be able to mark it as not implemented, I suspect because it's tied to a bug number that's closed, but I've pinged an admin to see if we can get it changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate