• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please remove the “done” button in remove/heal spots

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When healing dust spots on photos I now have to tap on a "done" button EVERY TIME I heal a spot! Why did you implement this at all? Did you have people test it before implementing it?

It is incredibly frustrating to heal dust now!

Can you please remove this? 

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The February 2023  updates contain a fix for this issue. 

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the Remove option instead of Clone/Heal, you aren't required to confirm each change. Is there a reason you are using the previous tool over the new Content-aware remove?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I don't get as smooth results with the Remove tool as I do with the Heal tool. 

I don't understand though, even if the Remove tool was perfect, why add that button to the Heal tool? Why slow down how that works? 

Edit to clarify: Sometimes the Remove tool gives ugly results when removing dust spots. Not always, but sometimes. So that means I would rather just use the Heal tool for that task. But now I'm being punished for not using the new tool instead, and I don't understand why. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Clone/Heal tool put you automatically into Refine mode so you can change the parameters of the just-created spot (like size, opacity, etc.) as well as move the source spot to a different location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can see that, but that is slowing down my process a lot. Why force me into that mode every time? If I need to change one of them, let me go back and change it. Don't ask me if I want to change it immediately every time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, really annoying, just noticed that in the new Android version. Thats as anyoing as now always having to manually lock the aspect ratio when cropping, introduced with the update before. Why are you making it more time comsuming to work with LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe makes so many nonsensical choices with their app designs. 
Why can't I choose aspect ratio with numbers?

Why aren't there any calibration sliders?

Why aren there panorama stitching? (Affinity Photo is able to stitch many big TIFF files, so I'm sure Lightroom should be able to stitch RAW files, like Classic does.)

Why when I sync photos from Classic to LR on iPad is the resolution so low?

Im sure there are more little things like that which I'm not remembering right now.
Adobe, you should strive to get all the features in Classic into all other versions of Lightroom. 

And also, what is with this video editing stuff? Is it really something people have been asking for? Am I just out of touch? Personally I don't know why I would want Lightroom for video. There are so many other features I'd rather have, but Adobe is focusing on video for Lightroom? I'm just so confused. 

Personally I have almost entirely switched to Lightroom on iPad and I wish Adobe would give us the features that I got used to on Classic over many years of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new update with the clone and spa healing brush is terrible. I shouldn't have to click done after each time I remove a blemish just to click on the next blemish. Why are you messing with a good thing? I love this app but I deal with too many high school seniors that have blemishes on their faces and now you're making it twice as hard. Please revert back to the old way before this update. This is forcing me to leave your editing software to go to either Capture One or just Photoshop. I don't know who decided this but this is it going backwards instead of forwards I'm making it easier for us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Lightroom update to version 8 for iPad the healing brush and clone tool are basically unusable. Before you could remove several blemishes in one go then click Done and save your changes. Now you have to click Done after selecting EVERY SINGLE SPOT. It makes the process several times longer, tiring and barely possible to use. Deleting the selected healed area upon a double click is not available anymore, I used it all the time. Also the brush doesn't remember the feather for the next selection, which is making the process even longer. It doesn't memorize the type of brush you selected for the next photo either, which makes the flow of editing several photos in a row broken, too.

Overall this update makes the app useless for skin retouch and therefore almost completely useless to me at all, thus making my more than a thousand euro worth iPad Pro useless for professional purposes. It is very frustrating. Please fix ASAP or provide an option to roll back this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nach dem Lightroom-Update auf Version 8 für das iPad sind der Heilungspinsel und das Klonwerkzeug im Grunde unbrauchbar. Vorher konnte man mehrere Flecken in einem Rutsch entfernen, dann auf Fertig klicken und die Änderungen speichern. Jetzt muss man erst auf Fertig klicken, nachdem man JEDEN EINZELNEN Fleck ausgewählt hat. Das macht den Vorgang um ein Vielfaches länger, anstrengender und kaum benutzbar. Das Löschen des ausgewählten geheilten Bereichs mit einem Doppelklick ist nicht mehr möglich, ich habe es immer benutzt. Außerdem merkt sich der Pinsel die Feder für die nächste Auswahl nicht, was den Vorgang noch länger macht. Er merkt sich auch nicht, welchen Pinseltyp man für das nächste Foto ausgewählt hat, was den Bearbeitungsfluss bei mehreren Fotos hintereinander ebenfalls unterbricht.

Insgesamt macht dieses Update die App für Hautretuschen unbrauchbar. Das ist sehr frustrierend. Bitte beheben Sie es so schnell wie möglich oder bieten Sie eine Option an, diese Version zurückzusetzen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to Adobe & users.

You updated recently (October 2022), Lightroom on every devices, but I am very upset to what you did especialky with the HEALING BRUSH, to erase spots orwhat ever on the face as an example. 
we can't seehow much (percentage or a number), we are erasing.

Because it was very important to see how much (in numbers), I was erasing/applying.

I hope you will reinstate it back as it was before.

The rest has remained the same (thankfully), but I still intend to complain to the highest in Adobe about this big mistake, because I was relying on it instead of the desktop version (still have it) because of your paying plan. Thank you and please correct it back as it was with numbers/percentage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update really just ruined the simplicity I've enjoyed with Lightroom on my iPad. The Clone & Heal feature has to be edited one by one, when before you could click spot after spot to adjust. Which is what I use for photographing livestock for my business, anytime there's a lot of flies or specks to clean up. I have to use photoshop now, which is going to be even more of a hassle with the amount I go through and sending them back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the sake of all users, please put the healing tool back to how it was before this update, it is now less effective, awful to use and is a much longer winded process, awful change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm upvoting this, why did you make that unnecessary change, which slows down editing by a lot? Please revert to the previous setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings all,

Updates for Adobe Photography products have been released.  The February 2023  updates contain a fix for this issue. 

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate