• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for keyword and metadata editing

Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really, really like to be able to do keywording on my iPad in the LR mobile app. Could save me a lot of Google-time back at the desktop trying to figure just where I was standing for that shot, and what's the name of that building, mountain, river, village etc, etc

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 229 Replies 229
229 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike the Keyword List in LrClassic, the keywords list that appears in Lightroom will only show keywords that are assigned to one or more photos, so you would never see a list like you have shown in your screenshot with lots of unassigned keywords.

Deleting a keyword is fairly easy....using All Photos as the source, click on the keyword that you want to delete, that shows all photos that have that keyword assigned. Ctrl/Cmd+A to select them all, then open the keywords panel using the tag icon at the bottom of the right-hand toolbar. In the keywords panel you will see a list of all keywords that are assigned to the images in the selection, which would be split into two sections: keywords which are assigned to some (but not all) images, and keywords which are assigned to all the images in the selection. Obviously, the keyword you have selected will be in that "All" section, so just hover the mouse cursor over the target keyword in the list and it will turn red with a line through it. Clicking at that point deletes the keyword from all the assigned images, and thus removes it completely from the list.

Renaming is also possible in that state....use the same procedure as outlined to delete the incorrectly named keyword, then type the renamed keyword into the "Add a keyword" box and it will be added to all the selected images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minor point, make sure you are in one of the grid displays.

Having made that mistake before, multi-selection application only works in the grid displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just hover the mouse cursor over the target keyword in the list and it will turn red with a line through it. Clicking at that point deletes the keyword from all the assigned images, and thus removes it completely from the list.

By @Jim Wilde

Every step is fine until this, but when I hover the mouse on a keyword, no red line appears for deletion, only the "Apply tag to all the selected images" is showed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I just realized that this works only with keywords assigned to ALL the selected images, so I think that removing "partially" assigned keywords can be done first by filtering by those keywords and then removing them like in the previous case, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate