• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing file size on Adobe Lightroom mobile

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been trying to export photos for a magazine, the magazine wants my photos at 300 dpi. I have no idea nor do I see any options on how to change the file size of my photos on Adobe Lightroom mobile. Does anybody know how I can export my photos in a lower pixel size?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheMaineLarry,

Actually, 300dpi is not a file size, it is a tag that tells page layout software how to place your image on a printed page. Changing the dpi up or down has absolutely zero effect on the pixels and overall size of your image.

Unfortunately, Lightroom Mobile does not have export controls to adjust the dpi setting on the images you export. You would need to bring the images into Photoshop, or Lightroom Classic (or some other software), to be able to export with a different dpi setting.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael_J_Hoffman,

If Adobe is serious about going mobile & cloud based, this is a change that needs to be implemented ASAP. I'm having the same problem & need to be able to have FAR MORE export control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't disagree. The lack of proper export controls is one of the (relatively many) roadblocks for me being able to migrate to LR CC / Mobile as my main workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines