• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete local original on iPad

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve used LRCC on my desktop to put a large collection of original files (RAW, DNG,TIFF, JPEG, the usual mixture. I've then synced  to my iPad copy of LRCC but told it to only download smart previews. However, for some very large files that I sometimes want to see at 1:1 on screen I sometimes select ‘Download Original‘.

However, having done that, I often want later to delete that local original from my iPad because it might be several hundred MB and I don’t want to clog my iPad memory.

So how can I do this? Because if it’s not possible it will eventually be a huge iPad memory hog... and at the moment, deleting the file from everywhere seems the only way to do it, but I’m not ever going to do that because I want to keep the original in the cloud.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

You could try going to Settings/Local Storage and Clear Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try going to Settings/Local Storage and Clear Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - but that doesn't work. The locally stored originals are the only files that survive that process.

What this means is that it's very hard to know which new iPad Pro to order because over time you could wat up a lot of memory by not being able to delete locally stored original versions. There must be a way, surely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, correction, after quitting the application and restarting it the original has gone. Brilliant. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines