• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert Lightroom mobile catalog .mcat file into a readable desktop .lrcat file.

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can help.

Around all the issue we have with sync between mobile and desktop, or even the fact we can only export 15 images at a time from Lightroom mobile, I have been trying to figure out a way, like many others, to move my completed edit on my iPad to my laptop or desktop and transfer the whole catalog over without original images, either by updating the location folder by plugging my hard drive in, or with all the RAW images plus catalog copied over onto my desktop or hard drive to open in my desktop Lightroom.

Adobe has made it pretty clear, we won’t be seeing a direct connection or wired connection between iPad and desktop to transfer files, sidecar  info or catalog, but at the same time Apple hasn’t addressed its issues around batch export and so on which makes Lightroom almost useless for professionals.

I have managed to obtain the folder on my iPad that contains the full catalog of my Lightroom mobile photos and edit, including xmp settings and previews. Ive also managed to copy that onto my desktop. When I click on the .mcat file or folder, which is the catalog folder, it opens Lightroom, but cannot be read by Lightroom on my desktop for obvious reasons, iOS to OS.

Is there software available to covert the entire folder into a coding Lightroom on my desktop can open or read, this way sharing the full catalog and edit without the need for sync and is super quick? Pretty much the same way you can share your catalog with another person who needs to view your catalog by sending them the catalog folder, which contains the .lrcat file.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question and problem - were you able to figure out a solution?

I'd like to pay only for the Lightroom Mobile subscription via itunes ($4.99/mo.) and import the catalog and photos (including edits) into my copy of Lightroom 6. The "open a catalog" prompt only seems to recognize '.lrcat' files and not '.mcat' files that Lightroom Mobile seems to use.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't heard of anyway of doing this apart from syncing via the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines