The directions for LR Mobile refer to the Camera Roll as the source for images. If I have an SD card attached via the lightning connector to my iPad, what do I do to get the images from the card into LR Mobile?
Victoria, I just ready your comment that "on Android, you can copy straight into Lightroom". I'm trying to figure out a workflow for when I go away on our boat, to remote areas, with no practical access to internet for the whole time we're away (possibly two months or more), so now way to sync my photos to the cloud or to sync them with my LR Classic at home on the PC desktop.
For practical reasons (space and charging needs), I'm wanting to leave the laptop behind and take a tablet instead, type still TBD. I have purchased a WD MyPassport Wireless Pro for storage, and it includes a built-in card reader. I was hoping to figure out how to import my photos to Lightroom on the tablet without having to have them all residing on the tablet (that would be way too many raw files for a tablet). I had assumed I could do this with an ipad but now I'm wondering if I have to go back to the drawing board.
Can I do it with an Android tablet? Or do I need to have something that runs LR Classic instead? And if the latter, could that be a Windows tablet instead of a laptop?
thanks for any help you can give me in figuring this out.
I may have a solution (ios)but requires some restrictions:
1. if you have storage on Creative Cloud and “add from camera roll” switch turned on in LR Mobile and all the photos you want imported into LR Mobile and Creative Cloud,+- an external drive), sync turned on in Creative Cloud. LR CC desktop needs to have “store an original of all photos locally“ checked.
2. Turn off iCloud pictures by unchecking “photos“ in settings of iCloud Drive, and it will give you the option to delete the pics in photos (and scares you with download all now and 30 days to retrieve your photos from iCloud)on your phone, which I did.
3. Make a new album (not shared album)in photos which I labelled “Camera Import-delete p import to LR complete”
4. Attach lighting adapter with camera, SD or CF card attached ( I got the multiple lightning adapter at Amazon which has SD, CF, Mini SD and USB 3.0 for $34)and import photos to the new camera import album in photos.
5. photos will auto add to LR Mobile (creative cloud and LR Cc desktop eventually)from the camera roll(which had been empty)
6. When 5 is complete, open photos, go to “Camera Import-delete...” album and hit select and delete all(May be able delete “recent import”) It does take up twice the memory on your phone temporarily but frees it up relatively quickly.
7. Use only the LR Camera to take pics from the phone unless you want iPhone pics in LR also. Leave iCloud for photos off, or turn off iCloud altogether if you don’t want to use. Can leave photos app on phone empty (after deletion following import to LR) Or not since you know which album has the photos you want to delete. I wanted to get rid of my iCloud storage fee. I use the Adobe Photography plan w 1TB. I still use Lr Classic for a few things
This works for me but I have a lot of storage capacity on my IPhone, so I can import several 64GB CF cards on the go(camping hiking etc with the option to work on them), then I go back and delete the pics from the photos import album to free up storage on the phone for more imports. My photos are ready on my MacBook Pro when I get back to my computer if WiFi is available there. I have a Canon 5D MK IV with 30 mb stills. Hope this helps and is not a duplication. Apple does not make this easy.
With PhotoFast's (expensive) Cardreader and PhotoFast's Camera Roll+ app you can browse Sd cards, select pictures and share them with (= import to) LRmobile.
Why FotoFast can bypass APPLES cameraroll and ADOBE not ?
Copy link to clipboard
Today's update to version 5.1 includes Direct Import and further Export options
I am still having issues, trying to transfer files from NIKON D750 to iPad. I am using a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, Shooting in RAW+JPEG, Lightroom CC clearly acknowledges the camera but the import dialog says "No Images on SD card".
Lightroom Mobile 5.2.2 was released last week -- please try this update
Is this same feature coming to Premiere Rush by chance?