• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile won't let me download orignal RAW files onto iPhone anymore?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. This issue recently popped up about last week. It also popped up at the same time that I was having issues uploading pictures through Lightroom Web. It would Import two pictures before saying it lost connection to the server. I would click retry and the blue bar at the top would move but the pictures weren't actually importing still. It would keep saying it lost connection to the server every two minutes or so.

After that fact I went and imported some photos through the Lightroom Desktop app to see if it would fix anything. The photos uploaded and synced to Mobile but I was still unable to download the full sized original RAW photos. But if I got back to photos I imported just two weeks ago, they will download the originals just fine? I'm really puzzled as to whats going on here and don't know how to find any solution. They are uploading correctly as RAW photos from the desktop LR as far as I can tell, and on the "info" tab on LR Mobile they also show as RAW photos, yet I am still only getting and being able to download the smart preview for all recent photos.

If anybody has a solution or any advice I would greatly appreciate it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to summarise......

Two RAW photos uploaded via Lightroom Web, but then you had connection errors.

Other RAW photos were then uploaded through the cloud based Lightroom CC Desktop app, they synced successfully to the cloud and you can view them in Lightroom Mobile.

You can download some originals but not others.

To help others to try to pinpoint  the issue..........

When you say 'download the originals', from where are you trying to do that... as to where?

Also, when you mention 'Lightroom Desktop', is this definitely the based version and not Lightroom Classic?

And, what file format are the RAWs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. that pretty much sums it up. To clean up some things : photos from 3 weeks ago to when I first started using LR 5 years ago I can download the original RAW files just fine. It’s just any new photos from 3 weeks ago to today I am uploading right now that I can no longer download them on my phone, and it also says that only smart previews are backed up to the cloud. When I get on to LR CC desktop, they show as raw photos and the full quality is there. Its just on the LR website version and mobile version that the full quality photos/RAW will not show up.

I am am trying to download the originals from the LR mobile app. I took some screenshots that I posted here on imgur : LR mobile help - Album on Imgur

The first photo is one of the new ones that I recently imported. Only the smart preview is downloaded locally and backed up on the cloud. The second is a photo I imported about a month ago. The RAW is backed up to the cloud, and a smart preview is backed up locally but with an option to also download the original RAW and store it locally.

I download the originals because they are higher quality than the smart previews. And I know that the orignal RAW files are not downloading when I click “download maximum available” becaus 1. It takes about 2 seconds to save (usually it takes about 10-15 to save a full size photo on my iPhone) and 2. It doesnt say “Rendering original” whenever I also click download maximum available.

The files are Sony .ARW

I assume this is some sort of problem with the uploading or syncing process, only because when I tried to upload these new photos, ONE of the two that actually uploaded before it had connection issues was perfectly fine. I was able to download it properly and full quality. The other uploaded as a 1300x1900 500kb .jpeg. and I could only download it that quality.

Sorry if if this is kinda confusing...it’s a really odd and specific problem that I’m not quite sure I’m fully explaining correctly I hope this helps explain though. Also yes, this is the based version on desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just another quick question, which version of Lightroom CC Desktop are you using currently (in the About menu)?

I see what you mean, downloading within the app the Lightroom Mobile app that is. You shouldn't really need the originals downloaded for most edits (unless you are away from the internet), you can work on the Smart Previews.

But you are still trying to find out what the Originals are not in the Cloud obviously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines