• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR mobile, missing raw files when importing from files app?

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, does anyone know how to import raw files from files app with out losing some raws? Or is not happening to you?

iPad Pro 10.5, all update, ios and app, same issue with iPad mini 5, and premium subscription

my workflow is to copy the raw files from my Sony camera to the DJI copilot ( lets say 500 photos)

then copy the raw Files to saved files of dji copilot app ( this store the files locally on the iPad)

open Lights room mobile on iPad Pro, create new Album and put import from files app,

then select the location and select them all (500) and open them

until here everything looks good, if I tap the cloud icon it says importing 500 files

the problem is when it finishes there’s only 400 on the album (only 400 where imported)

i have repatead this process 10 or more times always with missing files, from 100 photos missing 10 or 20 to 700 photos missing 100 or more

and if I repeat the same process with the same files LR gets like 10 or 20 photos from the ones that are missing

can anyone help me with this issue?

thanks

pd I don’t want to import fPhotos to photos app on iPad because iCloud sync.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two thoughts.

• Is there enough space on the device for all of them to be imported into Lightroom at the same time?

• Can you try importing them from another location in the Files App (Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud Drive etc not photos) to see if it is a conflict between Lightroom and the DJI CoPilot App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, about storage i have more than enough

and i,ll try to import them from another location, but when i first try to develop my workflow i tried other locations but ligthroom crashes most of the time if the files where on the cloud.

I tried with an app called file browser, that allows you to create folders in the ipad files app and store things local, but it seems the same i just test to import 292 files but only 272 where imported.

so same results, any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines