• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photo merge (Pano & HDR) with imported images

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that LRM has the ability to do HDR photos with the built in camera, it would be nice to also be able to produce HDR images with imported photos.  It should be fairly easy to implement since the coding is already done for the camera.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 223 Replies 223
223 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to know how to merge in panoramas or HDR a bunch of pictures directly in Lightroom Moblie.

Kind regards,

Chaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi loicc,

This feature requires LR desktop, and is not available on LR mobile.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mhoffman2001,

I just hope this feature will be added soon in an update.

Because as of right now, with the lack of keywords management, not being able to merge some photos together, and the most important one, not being able to treat pictures taken in the filed without to have to use a computer first, this Lightroom Mobile is far from being a Pro app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Using Lightroom mobile on a Samsung 5 mobile, I have imported three HDR Raw frames taken on my Nikon D600.  I was hoping to use Lightroom mobile to merge this, can I do that?   I cannot see any HDR options in LR Mobile.  Possibly this is because LR mobile HDR does not support the Samsung S5.  However I don't want to use my mobile phone to take the photos, I am using my Nikon SLR.  My questions are:

Is there any version of LR mobile that can merge the raw HDR photos taken on my Nikon?  Is it possible that I am not seeing the HDR options because the phone camera is not HDR compatible - but if I bought another phone that had an HDR compatible camera, LR Mobile would enable the HDR function, and I could also merge photos taken from my SLR?

Any work arounds, suggestions, crazy ideas that might help?

Cheers

Matt Balogh

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, HDR is not yet available although mobile is still evolving so watch this space. LR mobile has only recently got the selective adjustment tools (brush, radial and gradient filters) which are premium features, only available to subscribers. I’m sure adobe will continue to add new features but at present HDR merge is only available in Lightroom on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,  Oh, I see.  I had read this article, and about halfway down it describes merging 3 images in LR Mobile (albeit from a scan of one original image) so it sound like the ability to merge the images is already there:  Lr Mobile Update: Raw HDR capture mode for iOS and Android   So hopefully a proper HDR ability on LR mobile is coming soon.  I do a lot of travel photography, and have to bring a computer with me for this one function, LR mobile covers me for everything else (I have a full CC subscription) for Lr, so I have, I think, the top model of LR Mobile.  I can't actually see the facility described in the article in my LR mobile, and I suspect that is because my phone is not supported.

Thanks

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clarification is that you can do an HDR merge on your phone using the Lightroom Mobile HDR capture mode. That means you can do an HDR merge in Lightroom Mobile if you're doing a raw capture with the camera built into the LR Mobile app, and if your phone and phone OS support raw HDR capture.

What the Lightroom Mobile app can't do right now is an HDR merge using images captured any other way. It can't merge images already saved by the Lightroom Mobile camera, captured with another app on the same phone, or captured using another camera outside of the phone. To merge those, you have to use the Lightroom desktop application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Conrad, that is pretty close to the perception of the status I thought we were at.  It seems like such a tiny step further to allow Lightroom to do the same to files from photos not taken on the camera. 

Cheers

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it’s not possible on my iPad to merge three images taken on my mirrorless camera? I don’t have CC subscription but would pay for it straight away if it was possible.Is this planned to be put in for the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't there yet... You can do it on your computer, but not in Mobile yet. It would be a nice add-in though. Now, there are other apps such as Affinity Photo that can, but there isn't a round-trip for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping Adobe would consider adding photo merge feature inclusive of both panorama and HDR for Lightroom mobile as this would take landscape mobile editing for travelers to a higher level of ease and productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the feature of the deskop version to the mobile version as well!
Right now I either carry my laptop with me to make a panorama on the go... or I‘ll export to Affinity, merge, export agian to lightroom... not really a great workflow -.-
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to find someone else that likes affinity

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had the greatest luck with merging to hdr using affinity, for some reason. It just never results in the detail I'm looking for. Also, I have not been able to reimport affinity merged hdr photos at 32-bit using either the .hdr or the .tiff export options. Can lightroom mobile support 32 bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say, I find it extremely frustrating that Lightroom CC mobile isn't capable of taking a bracket of shots from ANY source (such as my Nikon cameras in RAW (NEF) format, for example) and produce an HDR composite DNG file there-from.

This is fundamental functionality in any photo editing suite, so far as I'm concerned, and the hardware on such devices as the latest generation iPad Pro is more than capable of handling such a process.

I sincerely hope Adobe implement this fundamental feature before my subscription comes up for a renewal, or I may have to look at migrating my entire portfolio to a competitor's toolchain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't find the mobile app page but it would be amazing if you was able to add a Panoramic Stitch feature for Mobile. I am a on the go photographer and I am sure im not the only one who would appreciate this kind of feature to be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to at least be able to see stacks already created in Lightroom desktop.    I do  a  lot of HDR and HDR panorama and stacking the original photos and not having the ability to stack results in making the IOS version essentially unusable.   Way to many photos to wade through.  Also would love the ability to do native HDR and Pano's or at least export multiple photos at once to photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for HDR merge for my drone images via iOS lr cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be great to merge DNG panoramas in the Lightroom for mobile, right after I imported all photos to iPad. Right now I have to merge photos to panoramas via Camera raw and then import them by Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i bought LR6.5 for windows stand alone & just checking if there's a photo merged & HDR menu buried & could not find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be REALLY useful! Right now hdr is impossible without a desktop cpu. The only time i use desktop LRC is for merging hdr then import straight back to LR mobile. Workflow is a pita and out of the question when travelling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like both the ability to make HDR images with RAW imports from my camera in LR Mobile CC, the ability to stitch Panoramas is also a needed feature on the mobile CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

any news here?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, for both features. Panorama and HDRs. Please add it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy if they'd put in the desktop version of CC.  iPad would be nice too but not as essential.

Votes

Translate

Translate