Highlighted

Merging HDR in Lightroom Mobile using Raw photos taken on SLR

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Using Lightroom mobile on a Samsung 5 mobile, I have imported three HDR Raw frames taken on my Nikon D600.  I was hoping to use Lightroom mobile to merge this, can I do that?   I cannot see any HDR options in LR Mobile.  Possibly this is because LR mobile HDR does not support the Samsung S5.  However I don't want to use my mobile phone to take the photos, I am using my Nikon SLR.  My questions are:

Is there any version of LR mobile that can merge the raw HDR photos taken on my Nikon?  Is it possible that I am not seeing the HDR options because the phone camera is not HDR compatible - but if I bought another phone that had an HDR compatible camera, LR Mobile would enable the HDR function, and I could also merge photos taken from my SLR?

Any work arounds, suggestions, crazy ideas that might help?

Cheers

Matt Balogh

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Conrad C | Adobe Community Professional

The clarification is that you can do an HDR merge on your phone using the Lightroom Mobile HDR capture mode. That means you can do an HDR merge in Lightroom Mobile if you're doing a raw capture with the camera built into the LR Mobile app, and if your phone and phone OS support raw HDR capture.

What the Lightroom Mobile app can't do right now is an HDR merge using images captured any other way. It can't merge images already saved by the Lightroom Mobile camera, captured with another app on the same phone, or captured using another camera outside of the phone. To merge those, you have to use the Lightroom desktop application.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Merging HDR in Lightroom Mobile using Raw photos taken on SLR

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Using Lightroom mobile on a Samsung 5 mobile, I have imported three HDR Raw frames taken on my Nikon D600.  I was hoping to use Lightroom mobile to merge this, can I do that?   I cannot see any HDR options in LR Mobile.  Possibly this is because LR mobile HDR does not support the Samsung S5.  However I don't want to use my mobile phone to take the photos, I am using my Nikon SLR.  My questions are:

Is there any version of LR mobile that can merge the raw HDR photos taken on my Nikon?  Is it possible that I am not seeing the HDR options because the phone camera is not HDR compatible - but if I bought another phone that had an HDR compatible camera, LR Mobile would enable the HDR function, and I could also merge photos taken from my SLR?

Any work arounds, suggestions, crazy ideas that might help?

Cheers

Matt Balogh

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Conrad C | Adobe Community Professional

The clarification is that you can do an HDR merge on your phone using the Lightroom Mobile HDR capture mode. That means you can do an HDR merge in Lightroom Mobile if you're doing a raw capture with the camera built into the LR Mobile app, and if your phone and phone OS support raw HDR capture.

What the Lightroom Mobile app can't do right now is an HDR merge using images captured any other way. It can't merge images already saved by the Lightroom Mobile camera, captured with another app on the same phone, or captured using another camera outside of the phone. To merge those, you have to use the Lightroom desktop application.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, HDR is not yet available although mobile is still evolving so watch this space. LR mobile has only recently got the selective adjustment tools (brush, radial and gradient filters) which are premium features, only available to subscribers. I’m sure adobe will continue to add new features but at present HDR merge is only available in Lightroom on the desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,  Oh, I see.  I had read this article, and about halfway down it describes merging 3 images in LR Mobile (albeit from a scan of one original image) so it sound like the ability to merge the images is already there:  Lr Mobile Update: Raw HDR capture mode for iOS and Android   So hopefully a proper HDR ability on LR mobile is coming soon.  I do a lot of travel photography, and have to bring a computer with me for this one function, LR mobile covers me for everything else (I have a full CC subscription) for Lr, so I have, I think, the top model of LR Mobile.  I can't actually see the facility described in the article in my LR mobile, and I suspect that is because my phone is not supported.

Thanks

Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2017 2
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Conrad, that is pretty close to the perception of the status I thought we were at.  It seems like such a tiny step further to allow Lightroom to do the same to files from photos not taken on the camera. 

Cheers

Matt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2017 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for HDR merge for my drone images via iOS lr cc

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2018 3
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say, I find it extremely frustrating that Lightroom CC mobile isn't capable of taking a bracket of shots from ANY source (such as my Nikon cameras in RAW (NEF) format, for example) and produce an HDR composite DNG file there-from.

This is fundamental functionality in any photo editing suite, so far as I'm concerned, and the hardware on such devices as the latest generation iPad Pro is more than capable of handling such a process.

I sincerely hope Adobe implement this fundamental feature before my subscription comes up for a renewal, or I may have to look at migrating my entire portfolio to a competitor's toolchain.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2018 3
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i bought LR6.5 for windows stand alone & just checking if there's a photo merged & HDR menu buried & could not find it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How can I find out if my phone/phone OS supports raw HDR capture?

I'm using Redmi note 9.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0