• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo import problems since iOS 13

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded to an iPhone 11 Pro Max and upgraded to iOS 13, I've been having problems importing photos from my Camera Roll into the Lightroom mobile app. 

The photos are okay on my phone, but when I import them into the mobile LR app, many appear either underexposed or overexposed and those altered images are what I get if I upload/import into Lightroom Classic (desktop), which is where I manage and edit my photos. 

This has totally clogged up my workflow and it's costing me a lot of extra time. My current workaround is Airdropping the photos to my laptop, and them importing them into Lightroom Classic. The quality is maintained when I take this approach. 

I called Adobe support at least a month ago and the phone rep said that they were aware of the issue and that the Lightroom app is fine -- it's Apple that needs to make changes to the iOS. But they couldn't say when that would be (they hoped before the end of the year). Does that sound right?

Several iOS updates have come out since then and I'm on the latest 13.2.3, but I haven't seen the issue resolved.

I'm also having trouble finding any mention of it on the web. I can't be the only one experiencing it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same thing. It's driving me crazy. I take the photo, the quick preview looks perfect, exactly as it did in while taking the photo, but then when looking at the photo in the LR Camera roll the photo is WAY darker.

See my one example here:

Photos coming into the camera roll darker or lighter than taken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably best to also post on the following forum that is monitored by the engineering team:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be to do with iOS using Night Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading both your posts again, is it the same problem with two different workflows?

rtwdave925 using the iPhone's native camera and importing into, and then looking different in the Lightroom app

robf1912204 using the Lightroom Mobile camera and the appearing different in the Lightroom app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, mine is using the Lightroom app camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines