• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aspect Ratio Problem-Why are 2 images with same aspect ratio/dimensions visually different sizes?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Techies! I am stumped on something that probably has an easy fix. I have 2 images shot at the same aspect ratio, but they look like different aspect rations. They're both 4x6 and the same dimensions, but visually, one is smaller than the other. Has anyone had this happen? I've looked at the file information, compared RAW files, and viewed in LR and PS and can't figure out what is happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot says more than a thousand words. Photoshop can work with non-square pixels, but without a screenshot and exact details (like how many pixels each image has on each side)  my guess is as good as yours.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Elisaf,

Could you please explain the issue you're facing in more detail with the help of a few screenshots? Which version of Lightroom and Photoshop are you using? Where(which application) are you viewing these images in?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines