• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can the Microsoft Surface Pro install & run LR Classic 2019 and PS 2020? Can it run Win 10 S mode?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 on Android 7 has issues, according to Samsung support, with the Communications portion of the install.  No one, including Best Buy, seems to be able to troubleshoot my connectivity issues with the tab. 

As a photographer on the Adobe CC Photo Plan, I am looking into Windows 10 Surface Pro tablets to see if that would be a better solution.  I can not seem to get information on Microsoft website as to what windows 10 version that is running, 32 or 64 bit.  It seems that the functionality/apps able to be installed depends also on what processor type the system has;  Intel, AMD, or Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.  

According to Microsoft,:

"64-bit (x64) apps won’t work. You'll need 64-bit (ARM64) apps, 32-bit (ARM32) apps, or 32-bit (x86) apps. You can usually find 32-bit (x86) versions of apps, but some app developers only offer 64-bit (x64) apps."

Does Adobe have a LR and PS application written in Win 10 in the above 'ARM...' versions?

There is no viable Adobe LR or PS application that is in the Microsoft Store.  The Surface tab is installed default with Win 10 S mode, which only will allow installations from the Microsoft Store.  One can remove the S mode, but if I still can not install a viable, working copy of the LR and PS applications, a Win tab is useless.

I can not find out this information on the Adobe site.  Please help?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If you purchase Microsoft Surface Pro 7 running Windows 10 64bit (not in S-mode) you would be able to install Lightroom and Photoshop on it as it would be running a full version or Windows which would be able to support all the applications. 

Windows in S-mode can only install applications through the Microsoft app store but the Adobe applications are not available on the App store. The ARM based Microsoft surface pro X, can run a few Windows Apps but it works but emulating a 64-bit environment which may cause issues in performance

If you purchase an Intel version of the Surface Pro, you should be able to run full Windows on it and install the Adobe applications. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines